Notifications
Clear all

Is Anybody Gassin' for something?

20 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

On the same theme of gassing for musical company rather than more gear, I've also started occasionally dropping in to practice at the local music shop.
Your welcome here in The Man Cave Chris.

Thanks TR. I'll be sure to grab my guitar next time I go out for a walk. :D

What part of New York State is West Australia in?

From your house, it would be down a bit and over to the right a bit... or left a bit... either way would get you there... :mrgreen:

West Australia is actually a state (imaginative name . eh! :roll: ) and it's about three and a half times bigger than Texas - so maybe somewhere between fifteen and twenty times the size of NY state. So it would be a squeeze fitting it in... we'd definitely have to let the tires down, and maybe take the doors off...

I have fond memories of hitch hiking through NY in the mid sixties. Got picked up by a cop, hitching on a highway near Buffalo, on my way to Niagara falls. "Oh-oh" I thought.... "now I'm in trouble"... but he took me right into town, proudly showed me some sights and then dropped me somewhere convenient (can't remember whether it was at the place to catch bus to the falls, or actually at the falls. It was a while back.) Faultless hospitality towards visitors. Things might have changed a bit in the cop/hiker relationship in the intervening time---- geez... has it been THAT long - that's nearly half a century... can't be that long surely... :shock:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Is GAS - guitar addicts syndrome?

I really want this, have for years, kind of feel it is the holy grail of (modern) Stratocasters - it's something real special.

Eric Johnson sunburst, maple neck beauty.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I was watching some hollow body guitars a couple of months ago... The problem was I was watching too many YouTube videos.

On the other hand, I recently started a new stamp collection: Switzerland. Thus, I have to save some money for those tiny pieces of paper. My guitars are very happy with it (I was watching "Toy Story").

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Is GAS - guitar addicts syndrome?

I really want this, have for years, kind of feel it is the holy grail of (modern) Stratocasters - it's something real special.

Eric Johnson sunburst, maple neck beauty.
Gas Acquisition Syndrome
or Gun Acquisition Syndrome....

guns are cheaper

ReplyQuote
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member

I cannot justify the purchase of new guitar gear (but when has that stopped me!).

I recently had to choose between an amp for the acoustic and the electric, and bought a nice one for the acoustic (and I'm looking forward to the time to get to know it muuuuuch better).

However, I'm still hangin' for a Blues Jnr... :roll:

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2