Clear all

It's a small world after all

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I just got back from McCauleys music shop,,one of the guys who wanted me to buy a fender tele was trying out a couple of new guitars on the different amps they have in stock(he's an owner,i never knew that).Well I went over and picked up an Affinity(tele )and he let me play with him,now for those with soft hearts please don't read any further.
I knew his son who was my neibour after him and his wife split(didn't know that til now).We'll I picked up the Affinity and went to the cash counter and his eyes went wide open when I gave him my address.I was at my trailor when "Conner" died in my front yard(dumb ass government didn't leave the huge forks from a front end loader laying down),little red headed dude that might have been Rory Gallagher the Second died,I was apologizing for being such a dumb ass for not knowing that Conner was his son.I'm on the road alot doing nuke inspections but i guess i'm not paying enough attention to people.I felt like I was two feet small because I was on that street and trying not to get involved with people.It's such a bite on reality when you think it's "you're world" you're living in,I guess I just want to say after all this blubbering is that always give a smile not a frown.I told him Conner was an "orangutang" and I do miss the little guy,sometimes life is a wakeup call.

GG

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

becksbolero

That is a very sad story, I can't think of anything that could be worse than losing a child. But don't be too hard on yourself, you didn't do anything wrong.

My cousin died as a child. I never knew her, she died before I was born. She fell out of a high-chair and split her tongue in two. They rushed her to the hospital. In surgery, they gave her too much anaesthesia and killed her. This was back in the 40's. My Uncle Leroy and Aunt Ann never got over it. She was 4 years old. I went to visit my Uncle about 5 years ago. There was a painting of my cousin made from a photograph over the fireplace. We talked a little bit about her and tears came to my Uncle's eyes. My Uncle passed away last year at 83 years of age. He was a sweet, gentle man. But he never got over the loss of his daughter.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Wes,It's such a sob when the little one's die.

GG

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

It is heart-rending when someone loses their child. I don't think I'd ever recover from something like that.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

very sad, my dad died coming home from a buisness trip, he fell asleep behind the wheel and hit an embankment, he was killed instantly,i was 3 months old, i was telling my best freind about it, and i said i hope i die before my mom does, i could not stand it, and he said " dont say that, i watched my parents burry my brother and i seen what it did to them, you don't ever want your mother to go through that, thats not the way its meant to be" no parent should have to burry their kid. :(

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

thats not the way its meant to be" no parent should have to burry their kid.

True, true. We expect to outlive our parents, and maybe even a spouse, but none of of wants to outlive our children.

My brother and his wife died from hypothermia after a car accident (it was 17 below zero Fahrenheit, and they weren't found until morning). He was 23 and she was 19. I know how it affected me (I was 15). Multiply that by 100 for my mom and dad. Only time I ever saw my dad cry, and my mom cried in private for years.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

margaret,

my heart goes out to you, thats very, very sad, i wish we all could live for ever.

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member

i can understand when life is a wake up call. one of my friends had enough of life and he shot himself with a shotgun, it was really life changing for me casue i couldnt believe that he was in the coffin. then i started to think of my own morality and i thought of how one day im going to be in a coffin. it took me awhile to realize what had happend, i will never forget him, but all we can do is move on and live our lives.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Becks,
I fully understand - those times when you want the ground to open up and swallow you. You may remember an incident, about 3 years ago, when an ex-pupil ran into a German school and blew the headmaster up with a bomb and shot a couple of teachers. My daughter was a pupil there and in the school, when it happened. My wife phoned when she heard that something was going on, so I got over there as fast as I could - just to stand, worried sick, for 2 1/2 hours because no-one was able to tell us that the pupils had been safely evacuated. Anyhow, information finally started to filter through (although they told us everyone had been sent to one place, when, in fact, they'd been shipped somewhere else - idiots!) and tensions were dropping. A group of us were standing, talking about the gunman. Knowing what happened at places like Dunblane, Hungerford and others, I said that I believed that he'd kill himself, rather than be caught.
What I didn't know (until the press interviewed them) was that 2 of the group were the gunman's mother and sister! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

always give a smile not a frown.

Great advice becksbolero! Very tragic, sad things do happen everyday. You just always pray that it doesn't happen to a loved one. I have two kids, and I know it would do me in if anything ever happened to one of them. My heart goes out to those who have lost someone close, especially a child. It isn't supposed to happen that way.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

When things look grim remember there are folks in the world that have worse.

Yulce's Story

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

This is a very moving thread.

I never had kids with my previous partner and never thought i would ever have them. Then i met a beautiful woman who had two from her previous marriage. I treat them like my own, even though i am not their Dad. I try not to tread on their Dad's toes, and make sure they know he is Dad and i am not, but i will care for them like they were mine.

Once you have kids, your perspective on everything changes, it not your life you are living anymore, you are living a life together. You drive a bit slower. You think more about "what ifs?" (what if the plane I am catching next week crashes...i will never see them again!!!).

I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. My heart goes out to anyone affected by that loss, its just awful.

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote