Clear all

Kelly Richey

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

OK, this might sound like some sort of spam or promotion, but it's not...I swear.

I went out to a local restaurant last night where they usually have live blues of some sort. I had no idea who was playing, I really just went there to eat. As it turns out, it was the Kelly Richey Band. Has anyone heard, or seen, this woman play? All I can say is...WOW!! I was absolutely blown away. She is absolutely unbelievable. Hard-edged, frenetic, electric blues.

On one hand it's awesome to see that kind of thing. On the other hand, it's a little disheartening to know that, even if I practiced 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, I'd never even approach that kind of ability. Again....wow!

Just to reiterate, this isn't spam. I have no vested interest in promoting anyone. I'm just saying....if you have a chance to see this woman play, and you appreciate really, really good guitar playing, don't miss it.

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I think you'll enjoy Laura's interview:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=190

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Laz. I guess there ARE others out there who recognize Kelly's talent.

It was weird in the restaurant last night. After she'd finish a song, most people just continued to eat or talk, and some clapped politely, and a few cheered, while I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open going "holy crap....this woman can play!" I've never seen a woman play guitar with that much energy before.

In case you haven't guessed, I was really impressed. I think she's going to be back at the same place sometime in August. I'll be there to see her again.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

In case you haven't guessed, I was really impressed. I think she's going to be back at the same place sometime in August. I'll be there to see her again.

... and go up and introduce yourself, and say that you read her interview on GuitarNoise!

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I might just do that.

My apologies for starting this under the Guitar Player's Discussion topic. I guess that's why it still says "newbie" under my name. :?

ReplyQuote