Notifications
Clear all

Learning at late ages

18 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Ummmm ... been playing since I was 17, never stopped, if you could call what I did at first playing. It started sounding like music when I was 18. :oops: Guess that's the point of this thread isn't it. Within a year I was playing bar chords without giving them a thought. My learning curve at 51 is a littler slower, except for guitar. I can learn new stuff on guitar in minutes, I just can't remember it the next day is all. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Ummmm ... I can learn new stuff on guitar in minutes, I just can't remember it the next day is all. :lol:

Embarrassing...but TRUE! Ha!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

One thing I've learned as I've got older.....

I'm getting better at remembering riffs, chords, even solos.....I can play the same solo pretty much note-for-note every time I play the song. What I do have trouble remembering is lyrics.....songs I've known for almost 50 years in some cases! Came to play "Bad Moon Rising" the other night while a friend was around....remembered the first verse, then a total blank. Funny thing is, I can remember the lyrics when the song's on the radio.

As for my own lyrics.....well, out of the 150-plus songs I've written inspired by the SSG, I play between 25-30 of them on a fairly regular basis, at least 3 or 4 of them per day. But I'd bet out of those 150-plus songs I couldn't remember the lyrics to more than half-a-dozen of them without prompting!

Pity we can't be more selective about memories....."Okay, I'll delete the first marriage completely.....that'll free up a few terrabytes of space....."

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2