Clear all

Madagascar vs. Coco: The NEW Brazilian

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@maroon6)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I was wondering what everyone thinks of the tone woods Madagascar Rosewood and Cocobolo Rosewood. I know both are highly praised, but I am a Brazilian guy and never spent to much time with either wood. However, I feel as though soon Braz will probably be a thing of the past or just too expensive to commission guitars with. (at least for me ) Just on Sound (I know coco looks amazing) Which do you think is closer to the tone of Braz? I have heard conflicting statements, and most luthier descriptions have one or the other as the closest thing to Braz, but I cannot seem to find a definitive (or close to it) answer. What does everyone think???

Hot Hits MP3 Download
mp3downloadnet.com
unlimiteddownloadcenter.com

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I'm not enough of an aficionado to tell the difference.
IMO, these days too much hubbub is made over exotic woods, I'm sure there are subtle nuances, but if Tommy Emmanuel was playing a guitar made from warehouse pallets I'm sure i couldn't tell you which guitar he was playing, it would still sound like T.E.
I would go for which ever sounded best to you

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I suspect it's one of those things that's pretty dependent on how the builder uses it, not necessarily predictable across the board. (And woods can vary a great deal from piece to piece of the same species!) Ask a luthier you'd trust to build your guitar, and get him to build it.

(Fine tone wood advice from a guy who's delighted with the $140 plywood bodied Chinese resonator guitar he got today.) :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Do you get a madagascar vs. coco plywood ?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Rahul's got the answer! :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote