Metallica and Guitar Hero

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

It seems that the next year will be produced a version of the game with Metallica songs:

http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601748

I'm not a huge fan of Metallica. I have several CDs (the first ones) and the S&M DVD and I enjoy with part of the music. I thought Metallica couldn't accept these issues, mainly after the Napster affair. Perhaps I had another idea of the band.

Anyway, congrats to the Metallica fans and Guitar Hero owners!

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'm sure my son will want it. He's recently become a big Metallica fan. I like their pre-black album stuff. They always have some pretty cool riffs, so should be a fun game to play. I'd like to see a Led Zeppelin game. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I completely agree Dan! :D

I have those CD (including the black one) and the S&M (CD & DVD). I also like the last single, it is similar to those stuff.

And if they make a Led Zeppelin version, I'd buy a console! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Funny, a few minutes ago there was an advert on TV for the Guitar Hero World Tour - or something like that, anyway, I didn't take much notice until they mentioned the price. Then I thought, you could buy a decent guitar - a nice Epi or Squier Tele - for that price, and still have enough change for a cheap practise amp.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Yeah Vic, when you buy the whole Guitar Hero World Tour or Rock Band package, you'll shell out $189 in the States. Comes with the game, guitar, microphone, and drum set. Then if you don't have a counsole, Xbox 360 or PS3, you're talking a couple hundred more. You could get some decent gear with that type of money. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

semi random Sunday morning semithoughts ...

fun stuff, but GH is probably better prep for some exotic form of martial arts than guitar playing. (and where did I recently hear "only losers play real guitars." ? :lol: )

imagining all those vintage GH "guitars" models collected and hanging on my walls -- gonna save a lot of space.

James looks too sick on the cover of the current GP mag!! (no -- I'd don't mean cool sick. keep thinking Kirk is posing with a hemorrhoid-suffering billy goat.)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I enjoy playing guitars and also watching videos of guitar players or reading guitar magazines. I can understand some people can play a game in which you make guitar sounds. It is another activity. Some of those people probably also play guitars. If they play real guitar, probably they'd improve the playing. But it is just a game, they just look for fun. If somebody plays a car game, I guess they also look for fun!

:D

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I've got no problem with GH -- great entertainment. just wouldn't bother comparing it to playing guitar or buying guitars. different worlds.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

My older brother showed me Guitar Hero for 360 a little while back and we played for a while. It was alot of fun, but I think I'm a little scared to actually buy a copy of it for myself: I've been known to play video games alot (if I'm not interested in guitar, I could play easily play video games for 3 - 4 hours a day) so if I start getting addicted to the Metallica version of Guitar Hero, I think I'd have to re-learn how to play guitar right from the beginning :lol:

Steve-0

ReplyQuote