Notifications
Clear all

More Cowbell!

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I don't know what it is about Christopher Walken, but I have always thought he is an incredible actor. No matter what he does you cannot take your eyes off him.
Aye, he can be menacing without even trying. Have you seen the Simpsons episode with him in? :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

A friend showed this one to us sometime last year, and everyone in the room cracked up. One the greatest parodies ever. And I've seen Blue Oyster Cult several times and yes, that's pretty much how the band was.

There's even a website going to include every song ever written with a cowbell;

http://www.geekspeakweekly.com/cowbell/

See if your song is on the list and if it isn't add it.

My favourtie song is the same as Vic's, don't know if I can think of a better song than that, but some come pretty close.

Kenny

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

On the subject of Blue Oyster Cult, Joe Bouchard the original bass player for BOC lives in my town and has his own geezer band called Tree Top Blues, but now they just call themselves Tree Top. He plays frequently and I have seen him many times, but do not know him personally. Here is what he looks like today.

The first time I saw Joe was about 5 or 6 years ago, and I have to say I was very disappointed.
He played guitar only, and was pretty good, about average for guitar players you see in local bands, but his singing was pretty awful. I was expecting real greatness, this guy played in one of the most famous bands in the world back in the 70's. I figured he must be a great bass player, but he is not that good on guitar and terrible at singing.

However, he has really improved. I saw them about 6 months ago and was very impressed. Joe sang several BOC songs, I remember Don't Fear the Reaper and Burnin' For You. He sang both songs very well as well as all songs during the night. He has also gotten pretty darn great on guitar, he played the solo to Reaper note for note and that is a great solo. He was playing through a Mesa 1 X 12 combo that had awesome tone.

So, he has really changed my mind. He is a bit of a Hot Dog though. They put his pic only on their posters and mention his fame as an original member of BOC to get folks in. Not that his band is no good, they are very good. He has a great drummer and percussionist. They also have a very good female singer who sings on many songs and backup on others. But Joe likes to play real loud, he kinda drowns out the band. When the girl was singing it was very difficult to hear her because of his guitar volume. Not trying to bad-mouth the guy at all, but he does seem to like attention.

Anyway, thought that might be of interest to some old BOC fans.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

There's even a website going to include every song ever written with a cowbell;

http://www.geekspeakweekly.com/cowbell/

See if your song is on the list and if it isn't add it.
Just fell off my chair laughing while listening to some Old Manic Street Preachers (Generation Terrorrists) and heard the 'ol cowbell blaring out in the middle of Slash and Burn :)

Anyhoo, tried to add it to that site and they've not set the form up properly... :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member

This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner NBC because its content was used without permission

:x

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Bah! The same happened to the Dave Lee Roth one mentioned a while back.

I guess some corporate genius somewhere thinks people are going to buy the DVD on the strength of one clip... :roll:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2