Clear all

My very first guitar -- need some help

22 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@mark07)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

Just got my guitar (will post pics soon). One thing I have noticed is that the serial number is located on the back of the headstock instead of the front. Is this normal?

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

I haven't seen a HSS yet but it's certainly possible. Some Tele's have the serial on the bridge, some japanese ones on the bottom part of the neck (backside), and most strats have it one the headstock in front. Certainly looking at the pictures on the Fender website, I can't see many serial number on the front headstock. If you are in doubt, perhaps ask the questions on the Fender Strat forum ( http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewforum.php?f=6 ).

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Mmmm... I don't know if I am understanding the question but Fender usually puts the serial number on the back of the headstock. I think just some Custom Shop or Signature models have the serial number in other locations. :?:

Mark, try to compare your guitar with the pictures at this site:

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/

ReplyQuote
(@mark07)
Topic starter  

I believe I may have a 2009 model since I've read in a few places that they have changed the Fender logo and moved the serial to the back of the head. Also, I've heard that the prices of the 2009 models are around $550.

Here are the pics:

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice color!

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@mark07)
Topic starter  

Does anyone know if Guitar Center has certified guitar technicians that may be able to look at my new guitar. I believe I may have fret buzz. I get a kind of rattling sound when fretting the low e strings.

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Hey Mark, what a beautiful guitar, I hope you get tons of joy out of it.

Can't help you with GC - what I would recommend from experience though is that you get yourself some .10 - .46 strings and have the guitar professionally set up again (either at GC or somewhere else). I bought my Tele 52RI HotRod, and it suddenly developed a huge fretbuzz on the lower E string. I took it to a Fender authorised technician, and it came back perfectly. They also adjusted the pickup height and made other minor changes.

There are many different opinions on string thickness and brands, I put 10-46s on all my guitars, the sound much better although string bending is a bit tough on the lower frets. I also don't buy Fender strings anymore, Ernie Balls Regular Slinky are my current favourites. So much for buying a guitar, this is only the first step, now a whole new world of accessories, modifications, etc has suddenly opened up. Enjoy.....

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2