Notifications
Clear all

Naming Guitars

35 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@nwoodgirl)
Trusted Member

My acoustic is named for how it was funded. "TR" -- tax return.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

My son named his gold Hamer "Fatty Lumpkin". He's not quite 12, which may explain a lot. :D

I haven't officially named my Fender Hwy 1 Strat, but sometimes I think she's an Emily. I have a niece named Emily, but it has nothing to do with that. Although, come to think of it, they are both beautiful blonds.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I saw Nuno's post about his new baby and I figured I'd resurrect this thread. Anyone out there name there guitars? I've been guilty of straight-forward naming like:

The Guinness Guitar, the Beer Guitar, The SG...

I've never actually thought of a name for a guitar and starting to refer to it as such... Maybe I should...? Anyone?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It's funny Steve, that'd you bumped this posts just a few days after Ethan's post about B.B. King's Lucille.

Seeings as how I started this thread about year ago, I'll add something. I sort of refer to my Hagstrom as the Hag for obvious reasons, but also because I'm not finished bringing it back to life, so it's real hard looking.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I saw Nuno's post about his new baby and I figured I'd resurrect this thread. Anyone out there name there guitars?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly 1 year ago! Very fun!

Ok, as I said Martina (Martin), Paulita (Les Paul) and Rami (Ramírez).

But I name everything: computers, cars, electronic devices... even people! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yep, all mine have names - The Squier Tele is known as "The Squier," the SPT acoustic is referred to as "The SPT," the Encore acoustic is commonly known as "The Encore," and in a stunning burst of originality, the Freshman bass is called..... "The Bass."

Also, in another amazing burst of creativity, the 10W Park Guitar Amp got stuck with the nickname "The Amp" and the 30W Roland Cube Bass Amp (you can see where this is going can't you.....?) is known as "The Bass Amp."

I find that this way, I don't forget their names, unlike my kids, thingumajig, whojacallit and wossername.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Not to copy you Vic, but mine are "my Strat" and "my '51." I once jokingly referred to the Strat as "Stratus Maximus." :oops: :roll:

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@welshman)
Estimable Member

I've kinda followed in Vic's footsteps and been quite lacking in originality about my guitars. My DADGAD tuned acoustic is Baby1, The Freshman acoustic standard tune is Baby2 and the LP is called (any guesses?) .. yup .. Baby3. On the other hands I nicknamed all my kids with far more creativity going from oldest to youngest ... Throb, Twinge, Spasm and Pulse!

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

My guitars are named Xander (electric) and Xavier (acoustic).

No particular reason as to why, other than I like the names :lol: 8)

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

I'm with Vic, but my system is a little easier! The red one is "The Red One", the black one is "The Black One"!

My acoustics are named "The Six" and "The Twelve"!

My amps are named "The Big One", "The Little One" and finally, "The HUGE one"! :twisted: :lol:

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Mine is the 10,000,000 $ one, called 'Sweetie' (which is a handcrafted air guitar with real gold and ivory inlays, bindings and purflings). I am in total love with it. It provides me the best action and tone. What's more, I can play it anywhere, anytime, anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@odnt43)
Estimable Member

My BB King Epiphone, is called Lucille, obviously ;)
Yep...mine too...small world.... :wink:

"A child of five could understand this...send someone to fetch a child of five !"--Groucho Marx

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

I'm not gonna name any of my guitars until something happens that propels me to name it something.

Unless you wanna consider 'the guitar' a name, ;)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I'm not gonna name any of my guitars until something happens that propels me to name it something.

:)

Things happen all the time when I play my guitars. Not always intended. :shock:

So I guess my guitars are all called "Oh Sh*t - Not Again" or "Concentrate You Senile Old Fool".

So I suppose their names are OSNA or CYSOF....

Sounds suitably mystical and obscure. :P Maybe I could put out an OSNA signature range....

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

My 88 strat is named Elsie after a strawberry blonde Irish girl that I've had a crush on since I first saw her
when I was 12 years old... Lynne Casey.
She was beautiful and popular in school and I ..... wasn't. :roll:
So I named my guitar after her. :twisted:

My 71 strat is called - the Mummy.
It's in pristine condition and is wrapped in white cotton restaurant towels in it's original hardshell case.

My 63 SG was named after some girl in a bar that let me use her ticket to get my underaged girlfriend in the bar
and drinking. (I was 21 at the time, she was 18 )
I don't remember now what her name was.
More often than not, the SG just got called compound expletives. :D

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3