Notifications
Clear all

Naming Guitars

35 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Hehe...not a bad idea on naming a guitar after a girl you're crushing... ;)

BTW LOL at the typo "I was 21...she was 1" I know you mean 18 though, since 8 ) is a 8) smile. (aha...you fixed it ;) )

And LOL Chris. Very nice names for your guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

i have a fender strat that I named 'candice.' the story behind that is I originally had the MiM stock pickups, and my friend who has a professional guitarist father and TONS of gear would always poke fun at me for my stock pickups. Then, lat christmas, my friend gave me a prewired pickguard with American deluxe vintage pickups from the early 1990s, which had new pots, a shielded pickguard, and MUCH better pickups. Afterwards, we decided that my guitar needed a new, hotter, name to accompany its hotter pickups and attractive tone, so we chose cnadice (since it reminded us of a stripper's stage name..lol)

my 2nd guitar, a les paul with a beautiful honeyburst finish, is named Captain Crunch. This name originated when I was telling my drummer about the guitar, along with my friend, mentioned above. As I was trying to describe the color to him, I said that the guitar 'looked kinda like cinnamon toast crunch.' My friend didn't catch what I said entirely so he said 'huh? crunch? captain crunch?' I decided to name it Cap'n Crunch as an inside joke, afterwards

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

My Eastman AR810CE is "Ella."

She's a plain gal with a voice to fire the soul, the heart of the Jazz gods, and increadible clarity and dynamic range.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

I now also have an Epi Les Paul Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute edition that is called 'Leonard'! :D
Even the wife calls them by name, I am currently Jonesing on an 'Angus' or a Tokai Firebird (not sure what that'd be called yet?)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

My Eastman AR810CE is "Ella."

She's a plain gal with a voice to fire the soul, the heart of the Jazz gods, and increadible clarity and dynamic range.

Well now that's some description. :P

By the way, I should now reveal the name of my guitar (not the air guitar, but the wooden one). I just call it my 'darling'. Time shall tell till when.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3