4 Users
0 Likes
 Olav
(@olav)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi all
There ought to be someone who can help me with this
I have always wanted to go to Nashville, and after a rotten month of October my wife and I are going this weekend (Nov 4,5,6).
So here is the question.
Do you know of any: must-sees, must go-to, must eat-at… you know what I mean :)
Let me know about your Nashville favorite.
Thanks a bunch.
Blessings. Olav

(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Last time I was there I went to BB King's Blues Club and Bluebird Cafe. Both rocked. My favorite was Bluebird though. Mike Henderson was playing and I was simply in awe. The guy can play (understatement). That was a Monday night though, so I'm not sure if he plays on the weekends or not. Regardless, a nice club. We even saw Vince Gill enjoying the music as well.

I also went to Opry Mills Mall and picked up a few things from the Gibson store.

Oh, and you might want to check out Gruhn Guitars there on Broadway.

To be honest, there's a lot to do if you like live music and the night life.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Oh, and you might want to check out Gruhn Guitars there on Broadway.

Jason

I just now clicked to the Gruhn site. Never been there and probably won't be going back. I clicked on a link to a 60's Gibson Les Paul. Here's the lead-in description of it. " This guitar (inv. #EB5770) is in exceptionally fine condition. With original hard case it is offered at :shock: $275,000. :shock: "

After I looked 10 times at the price and realized it wasn't $275.00 I felt severly humbled and the lack of oxygen and loss of blood to the brain that I just experienced are just now starting to return to normal. I'm thinking I don't need one that bad. Believe me, GAS has left the building. :(

Jason, next time warn a person to NOT do that. LOL :lol: I'm too old for sticker shock. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

On another board right now is a tale of a fellow in Florida who recently stopped at an old lady's yard sale and bought her husband's "stupid old guitar," a like-new '57 LP in its original hard shell case, for $50.
:shock:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I just now clicked to the Gruhn site. Never been there and probably won't be going back. I clicked on a link to a 60's Gibson Les Paul. Here's the lead-in description of it. " This guitar (inv. #EB5770) is in exceptionally fine condition. With original hard case it is offered at :shock: $275,000. :shock: "

After I looked 10 times at the price and realized it wasn't $275.00 I felt severly humbled and the lack of oxygen and loss of blood to the brain that I just experienced are just now starting to return to normal. I'm thinking I don't need one that bad. Believe me, GAS has left the building. :(

Jason, next time warn a person to NOT do that. LOL :lol: I'm too old for sticker shock. :D

:lol: Yeah, they specialize in vintage guitars, so they do have some pricy stuff. 'Course that's why I liked stopping in there. Saw a few things I'll never own but it was nice drooling. But they also had some really good prices on some of the Fender Tele's and Strat's though. Cheaper than around my neck of the woods anyway.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote