Notifications
Clear all

New Amp.....

26 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I feel stupid. Didn't know I could tune my guitar with the amp by pressing "Tap". Also got help solving the choppy metal issues and how to erase after saving a setting. The owner of the guitar store was laughing when he found out I didn't read the instructions. You can do a lot of cool things with the presets once I asked for a demo.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The weird thing I've found with this amp, I'm playing more heavy rock....as opposed to classic rock...than I've ever played before. Sabbath, Whitesnake, Purple, etc.....I'm LOVING the metal setting!

Time, as always, seems to be my enemy.....things to do in the day, slump over the computer at night....and England are playing Pakistan at cricket at the moment, these 5-day tests are starting at 6am.....when you're getting to bed at 3am, 4am, 5am, that doesn't leave much time for sleep! Up at 6am next four days....well, you have to support your team!

I might actually get around to recording something Friday/Saturday. Got to throw three tons of crap out of the box room, just to have room to put a chair in.....either that, or convert the loft (which is absolutely FREEZING!) to a recording studio.

Oh well - back to the drawing board again!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Vic - you could set up to play in front of the telly, unless you're off to a pub.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Vic - you could set up to play in front of the telly, unless you're off to a pub.

Ummm....no, that's Marilyn's domain. She would not take too kindly to me playing and singing whilst Emmerdale, Coronation St, Eastenders and all the other rubbish she watches is on. Definite non-starter, that. Box room in process of major clearance operation....it's either that or the bathroom, which is also the toilet so prone to interruptions....the acoustics in there are great, though!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Can't play "We Will Rock You" during the match? I get out my axe and play "Enter Sand Man" when Moe pitches. Oh .... let me explain. Yankees relief pitcher. Greatest in the history of the game. (Not my opinion. Bitter rivals don't even dispute it) When he comes in the game they play "Enter Sand Man". I play it too! 40 years old and still the best. Unheard of! It's baseball ......

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

How do you think a gen-u-ine NY Yankee feels here in Oz witnessing these so-called "great" cricket catches? My neighbours wouldn't believe the razzle dazzle shown in a tight infield double play. Still...the BBQs and beers...and the studio jams sort us out...STILL...with the freakin' TV on with no sound set to some one day test that only seagulls and pigeons seem to enjoy!!!

:twisted:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

My wife likes the TV on, but doesn't really pay attention to it a great deal of the time. If she's on her lap-top while the TV is on, guitar is normally fair game as long as it's not too loud.....which it never is with me. the only night and time I can't do it is for some show called Ghost Hunters. Remember the drinking game from the 70's when watching the Newhart Show? You had to drink every time someone said "Hi Bob!". This is like that, except you drink whenever someone hears a bit of a strange noise and says, "What was that???". Well, that is when I can drink again.

I guess if one buys the DVD Box Set if one wants to go on a bender. :?: :lol:

Where I've really got it good is that she likes baseball almost as much as I do. She actually watches it more than I do. It's first option April thru September. I can play all I want. If she wants to hear something, she nudges the volume up slightly and I stop until she turns it back down. The system sort of just evolved. Gotta love it. 8) 8)

ps. I'll have to agree with TR on the Mo thing. I don't even think that this admission costs me my Red Sox Nation status. I will say that Gossage would have been better, given same circumstances and modern use of the Closer that Mo and others enjoy. Ugh! Two positive Yankees' comments in one day. That might cost me.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

You're going to have to give me a little more info about Mo....like a second name, so's I can look him up! I don't mind baseball at all - I was quite enthralled a few years back with the Mark McGwire/Sammy Sosa duel for most home runs. Don't really have a fave baseball team, but if I did it'd have to be Boston Red Sox....they're owned by Fenway Sports Group, who also own my beloved Liverpool Football Club and who have pumped a LOT of money into the club, unlike the other two Americans - Hicks and Gillett, who sold it to FSG, and dragged LFC deep into the mire and deep into debt. I know nothing about the Red Sox, though....have to look them up too.

Back to the amp....it's taking me a while to figure it out, but I'm slowly getting there. The best presets seem to be the ones which are set up to play classic rock, which suits me fine, and metal, which is getting played more and more. What I need now is a new guitar.....saving up for a new Tele. There's always one more thing you need, isn't there!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

These modern-day amps with all the gizmos are much fun, but the drawback is the learning curve. Even if you've had them, knowing exactly what yours does and doesn't do still takes some time. Throw in that software you've got access to and you've got quite a bit to go through. One thing at a time. You'll go insane otherwise.

Yuou'll like the new ownership group. They are quirky, but I guess most billionaires have that right. Very Stats oriented. statistical analysis is their mantra. At least in baseball. I don't know soccer(football---sorry) enough to know how much or little stats come in to play.

As far as Mo, great closer. BUT, being a NY Yankee, I'm sure there is quite the list of character flaws. Kind of goes with the territory. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Actually, I heard reality is quite the opposite of what I just said.)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

There's always one more thing you need, isn't there!

Vic

I call that a PRS Custom in that case. :D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariano_Rivera

FYI Yankees and Red Sox are bitter rivals but ....... Roy Parker is my buddy regardless. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2