Notifications
Clear all

New Amp Day! Opinions? VIDEO ADDED!

37 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It's like listening to The Clash or The Ramones, or Kiss and BOC. These guys are easy listening for today's Punk and Heavy Metal worlds.

My son likes that new Heavy Metal. I mistakenly called it "Death Metal". It actually tee'd him off. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So, how long are you going to let the amp stay inside before firing it up?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well maybe it means it doesn't have a good low end most of the current metal is much heavier than what Sabbath played and alot of down tuning to drop d, etc.

I'd still love to hear how it sounds.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well it's here! I let is sit for about an hour Roy cause believe it or not it was 50 degrees here today. :shock: My front porch was probably 60. I like it. I fired it up and did some tweaking. My ears are still ringing. :lol: It is loud. A lot of the problem adjusting the sound is the 4 X 12 cab. They are so directional. Adjust, stand back and play ... adjust some more ... stand back and play. You get the idea. I think what the people didn't like about it is it breaks up real early. Like a vintage amp go figure. My Fish N Chips EQ pedal polishes the sound a bit so I have that and a delay in the effects loop. My initial impression is I like it alot. It is very loud but it starts to sound good around 2 and that is just about where practice volume would be for the Man Cave. I guess you could say I got some room to play a bigger space since it goes to 12. I will make a video soon as I can. Right now I have some still shots of the amp. Oh ... the duct tape on the 4 x 12 cab is to keep my cat from using it as a scratching post. Darn carpet covered cabinet.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

OK ... video I shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWhlrtUVL0

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

OK, I think we can declare a winner now. TKO. You knocked it out of da park!

Me? I learned "The Tennessee Waltz" yesterday. <sigh>

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

It's a one trick pony as advertised but it's one trick also happens to be my one trick. :mrgreen: Yes, I like it alot so far. I think it will be the signature Wicked Fester tone! Tennesee Waltz? Oh ... old fogies .... cool. You know ....... Ozzy is old. :?

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Sweet! I've always said Peavey is a massively underated company- that is a killer amp. It'll do what I'd do with a Marshall, for a tiny fraction of the cost.

I wish they'd ship it over here. (Scratch that- I would get evicted if I had that.)

Some nice playing in there too! Which LP is that?

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Agile from Rondo ..... Made where you are. Korea ........ $225 to boot! Pickup and bridge upgrade. Ahhhhh ... bang for the buck!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Well there you go, then. It's a made-for-TR amp....and it was on special too? Can't beat that. Quite a score. :D

Roy

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Sounded great way to go.

Now I'm really confused. I was really thinking of getting this and just seeing that video reinforced it but since I don't have a cab for it and I just saw there's a sale at GC I think I'm going to bit the bullet and pick up the ME-70 this weekend with the sale and a rebate it'll come to about $225 and I need something bad.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah ... I just happened to have a 4 X 12 cab hanging around here. I just got to thinking, my bass player was like 5 years old when I bought it. :lol: It has been used off and on over the years and it is a made in USA Fender. It is a full stack orphan. Someone only bought the head and slant cab. Got it for $250 probably around 1993. Still works great!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

TR still rules. Got that thread posted for your man-cave construction anywhere? Some of the newer folks might like to see the wild & impressive transformation.

Chris, do you have a thread somewhere about the ME-70? It's got the basic software that my GT-10 has, and your amp and my SCXD were/are similar in some regards. I could write up a few things I discovered and used for you to peruse and summarily discard. Things like how I made my setup not sound over-bearing and such. That, and a 4CM (4 cable method) way of hooking up M-FX to a Guitar amp and such. I don't want to hijack TR's thread. He might send TF after me for a good old-fashioned butt whuppin'.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Not a problem Roy. Besides, the boy has school and work today. :lol: I feel a jam coming on tonight though. :twisted:

The Man Cave Chronicles ............

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40163

It is still a work in progress. I plan to finish it off just like a real room probably this spring. Real flooring and everything!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Terry, I don't know there's something about the rawness of the room that's good. I use the rec room in the house which is a big room but it has a carpet not a real expensive on but I'd almost wished there wasn't any in there.

For awhile we were playing a lot there and you spill a beer etc, when you don't have a rug and things to worry about no big deal.

Your man-cave has that Road House look to it. I personally wouldn't do much.

Roy, I'm gonna pull the trigger on the ME-70 either tonight or tomorrow and go from there.

I was wondering about the Jet City amp and how you liked it.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

It was between the Jet City and the Windsor ............ almost PM'd Roy but went for the power. Huh? What???

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3