Notifications
Clear all

New Years Guitar Goals?

38 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Immediate goal for next week - get Squier Tele fixed. It's been sadly neglected - gathering dust in the attic for ages - since the input socket came out and got misplaced. Said socket has now turned up, so the Squier's going in to the shop next week.
Always nice to have another string to one's bow.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

4) To play out more. I really miss jamming!

Vic

Once Ray is feeling better, we'll have to organise another get together (and I will ask Alfred not to chew your guitar lead next time)...

My goals.... get better obviously.. and also try and find a better way to balance the "boring stuff" that makes me loose interest, with the stuff I like to play (poor Alfred probabaly thinks Smoke on the Water is his lullaby!).

Master Stairway to Heaven - I'm only upto page 3....

:D

I Look forward to it, once I'm a bit less spaced out and have some wheels again.....

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Immediate goal for next week - get Squier Tele fixed. It's been sadly neglected - gathering dust in the attic for ages - since the input socket came out and got misplaced. Said socket has now turned up, so the Squier's going in to the shop next week.
Always nice to have another string to one's bow.....

Vic

Thats a fine guitar. Always liked that one

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member

Clean out "chaos" room and return it to a space where I want to be (at the moment it is a pile of unfinished paperwork and "stuff" that was hidden away while the guests were over for Christmas).

Pick up the guitar every day. Do the homework my guitar teacher gives me. FIND TIME!

Don't feel guilty about taking time out from the Significant Other to play my guitar. Don't feel like I am being too noisy, too hopeless, too selfish.

Take my lovely new(ish) guitar to the chap recommended to have it serviced and set up properly.

Play more!

Follow up on the Weekend Warrior program to force myself to play with other people, regardless of how bad I might think I am! (Already sent an email to enrol... now just have to NOT PIKE OUT.)

I have the guitar beside me and am just taking a break between scales to type this. Oh those aching finger tips :roll:
Chaos room clear out: a work in progress, but it's good enough I can actually get in there!

Play more: well... that's been a struggle. Big projects on at work. But I'm picking one up even for a few minutes each day.

Less guilt: I have the most wonderful supportive man in my life. We talked. I feel less guilty.

Set up Maton guitar: Haven't done this yet, but have cleaned and restrung the nylon string and the strat.

Weekend warrior program: Ha! Got an email on Friday that I was in, and that it started on Sunday. THIS Sunday! EEEEK.
They did say you could do it even if you only know three chords... let's see if that's true! This could be one of the scariest things I've done so far (give me diving with sharks or 200k+ at Eastern Creek on my bike, 'cause that's not scary compared to this!). I've also signed up to do a song on my old singing teacher's yearly show with her other students.

How's everyone else going with their goals for the year?

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I didn't set any, really, except to just get better at what I've started playing-wise. It's kind of a finish the job type ot thing, but one never really finishes.

I also have a clean ot some space project going on. I started to clean out my home office area a bit yesterday. I spent about an hour on it before the obligatory Migraine hit. I've got probably two more similar sessions to go. Afterwards, I can get to all of the music stuff crammed into here with ease instead of just the guitar, M-EFX board and computers. I need the room to practice using my regular mic, portable PA/Keyboard amp and standing while playing and singing thing. The room became a catch-all last year while we switched rooms around upstairs here last year.

So, the home office being turned into the home office/studio thing is underway finally. The playing in front of others thing is 4 ot 5 weeks away. That, and I'm just plugging away at different little song projects or simply playing single guitar arrangements to things I already know. I feel like this is the year that my playing goes to the next level. I could be wrong. We'll see.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Im not doing that bad.... The one song I know Im getting better and better at. Ive also been working on the 3 "Blues guitar" lessons here at Guitar noise. Its clicking pretty fast, and Ive been moving into other blues songs using those same lessons. Im pretty happy with my self realy. :) Ive also been working on some blues scales, and making up my own solos on the fly listening to songs, and backing tracks. Ive also been doing songs from those blues lessons, and using the bules scales for fills, and small riffs to brake it up. I realy see some progress, and Im happy. :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member

Weekend warrior program: Ha! Got an email on Friday that I was in, and that it started on Sunday. THIS Sunday! EEEEK.
They did say you could do it even if you only know three chords... let's see if that's true! This could be one of the scariest things I've done so far (give me diving with sharks or 200k+ at Eastern Creek on my bike, 'cause that's not scary compared to this!). I've also signed up to do a song on my old singing teacher's yearly show with her other students.

I think maybe I should start a separate thread for this in the beginner's forum?

EDIT: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50388

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Better late than never :oops: The only goal I have is to play a lot more than I did last year. I'm off to a good start :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3