Skip to content
Normally I think of...

Notifications
Clear all

Normally I think of setting a guitar on fire as cliche....

23 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

But this is pretty awesome

Accoustic Lit up

It's possible that this image will only work if you are logged into myspace, it's not me but the image is publicly visible.

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

To be perfectly honest, I didn't see the picture you linked to! I just hate the thought of fire and guitars!!! But, I have a really good reason! Last year, one of the guys I play with left his wife for another woman. The wife came out to our practice house (which belongs to the wandering husband) while no one was there and proceeded to pile guitars and amps and anything else she could get her hands on out in the back of the house, poured gasoline on the pile and struck a match. Here is the end result.....

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Hope that was all his stuff and no one elses. Seems like it would have been alot more satisfying for her to burn him at he stake instead

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Actually, the bass and the red electric belonged to the bass player! The amp used to be a 1966 Fender Super Reverb, and, believe it or not, it's been restored!!! :D It looks and sounds brand new! We think she burned the bass player's stuff because she thought that one or the other was the 1966 Fender Strat (which she completely overlooked, thank goodness!). Luckily, she doesn't know one guitar from another or from a bass, evidently! The guy who owns the house bought the bass player a new bass and a new guitar. We were back practicing the very next week!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I'd never leave a girlfriend or wife for another woman...

For another Gibson or Martin acoustic on the other hand, well that might be another story :lol:

In all seriousness I really hope nothing belonged to you because if that happened to me I would probably faint (especially my more expensive guitars)

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

No, none of it was mine! I take my equipment home with me! And, I'm really glad I do! Can you imagine what she might have done to my pink 12-string if she'd seen it there? I shudder to think!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

:shock:

Geez, Elecktrablue that's awful. I hope that none of us ever have to see any of our own gear in that state. Amazing that the amp was restored. In this day and age when everything seems to get thrown out once the batteries go flat it's great to hear that somebody went to all the trouble of bringing that back to life and glory again. :)

Chris

(BTW. The page originally linked to didn't show for me, so perhaps you do need to be logged in there).

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

OMG, that is criminal. :evil:

Couple of things I noticed. The harmonica looks intact and the acoustic still looks strung. :lol:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OMG, that is criminal. :evil:

Couple of things I noticed. The harmonica looks intact and the acoustic still looks strung. :lol:

......and the Qwik tuner survived! I thought that, come Armageddon, only cockroaches would survive a nuclear holocaust.....

Whoever did that to those instruments deserves to be slowly garotted with a B string.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

It seems to me, whoever did that to those instruments is a cockroach. So apparently it will be cockroaches and qwiktunes that will survive a nuclear bomb. I hate those qwiktunes. They never work for long.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! Was she arrested for setting the fire? Those poor instruments didn't do anything to her!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

LOL! No, she wasn't arrested, although the cops did show up. The husband opted not to press charges (they have 6 daughters together, and he didn't want to send his kid's mom to jail ... that, and the fact that she nearly caught herself on fire when she threw that match onto that gasoline!). The bass player could have filed his own charges since she burned his stuff, too, but the husband made good on what he lost, so again, no charges!

Only part of the Qwik Tune survived! The back was charcoal!

And, the amp! My boyfriend (and band mate) works with a guy who does restorations in his spare time. Jokingly, my boyfriend took a picture of the amp to work and asked the guy if he thought he could fix it. He was totally shocked when the guy answered "Yes, sure!" The guy met up with the husband and kept the amp for about 3 weeks, charged the husband $450 and handed him back a practically brand new amp! Amazing! The husband is still playing through it today! He had bought a Fender Cybertwin in the interim, but it hasn't been used much since he got the Super Reverb back!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

When I get home I'll update the link to point to a photobucket copy of the image.

Elecktrablue: That absolutely sucks, I generally dislike the destruction of someone's personal guitar equipment and consider it stupid but taking out someone elses... grrrr. I hope some jail time/fine of some sort or at least a severe disadvantage in the divorce resulted from that, I realize destroying her husbands stuff would have next to no repercussion but that bass player on the other hand might have had a little say (perhaps not since it was stored in her house?)

Editted in: Did anyone try and play the bass or the electric guitar, they might have still worked well (nevermind the neck looks to have some slight bowing)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I just realized that I totally hijacked your thread, Maliciant! I do apologize! It's just that when I saw your post it brought this back to the front of my brain and I had to get it out!! Please accept my apology!

EDIT: And, no, none of the guitars were repairable. The husband still has them and is eventually going to put what's left of them into some sort of a "Memorial" display case! (Yes, he's a bit odd!)

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

That is really terrible, Elektrablue, but I just have to comment that that event sounds like the perfect inspiration for a blues song =) It practically writes itself!

Hey, the band might as well get something out of the whole ordeal...

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2