Ovation Celebrity

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/msg/418530177.html

Do you think it's a good deal? I've started off with Electric, do you think i'd have trouble playing both (on the rare occasions i played an acoustic i noticed that playing the acoustic does take some adjusting esp with neck width).

I couldn't find an equivalent celebrity for sale online (most of them are cut aways). The cheapest one was for 250 dollars.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

My college roommate had one in the mid 80s. I can't say I really like the sound - the plastic bowl doesn't sound as good as an acoustic with wood sides and back. But, it was perfect for the dorm room, because the plastic was unbreakable and cheap. One thing that may be nice for your situation: as I remember, the neck was fairly thin and felt similar to an electric neck, so you may feel it is a good transition from electric.

As far as the price - seems okay. $150 is alright as long as it is in good shape. BUT, don't expect it to sound like other acoustic guitars - go play it before you buy it, it will not have as full a sound, but that might be okay for your first one.

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My college roommate had one in the mid 80s. I can't say I really like the sound - the plastic bowl doesn't sound as good as an acoustic with wood sides and back. But, it was perfect for the dorm room, because the plastic was unbreakable and cheap. One thing that may be nice for your situation: as I remember, the neck was fairly thin and felt similar to an electric neck, so you may feel it is a good transition from electric.

As far as the price - seems okay. $150 is alright as long as it is in good shape. BUT, don't expect it to sound like other acoustic guitars - go play it before you buy it, it will not have as full a sound, but that might be okay for your first one.
Thanks. I decided to go to GC and try a few acoustics and then decide. I'm not in a rush. Someone suggested the Alvarez Regent series. I'll try those out specifically. Thanks again.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote