Clear all

Plenty to Lose

523 Posts
57 Users
0 Likes
80.4 K Views
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I think I must be the unluckiest man in the world!!! I weighed myself before jogging on the treadmill. I jogged for 3Km and weighed myself again (don't ask me why, I don't know - maybe a foreboding of what was to come!) and I had actually GAINED 800gms during the course of the jog!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You didn't leave the blinds open, did you, Greybeard? You might be photosynthesizing.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I think its great that so many people are making a change to better their lives like this. Personally, I've always been the skinny guy, at a natural weight of like 135lbs at about 5'8. I'm up to 145lbs now, but its no where near where I want to be. On a side note, strength training makes guitar playing easy, because Les Pauls are heavy, and they used to make me really sore, but not anymore. Good Luck everyone!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Just did my weekly weigh in this AM. Dropped another 1.8 lbs now at 187 down from 202. My daily runs and/or cardio are getting much easier. Keep it up everybody!!
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Well, I've been layed up with the flu for the last 8-10 days, finally starting to feel somewhat human again. Now I wouldn't reccomend this as an Ideal weight loss plan, but I guess every dark cloud does have a silver lining. I've dropped 19 lbs in that time from not being able to keep anything down, bringing me down to a svelt 203. First time I've been this light in a long while

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

tele, Wow sorry to hear of your illness taking a turn for the worse like that. wondered why i hadn't seen you on msn.
congrats on the weight loss. i've often thought that myself after a illness, usually tho after starving for a few days like that i actually have put on a few more pounds from the bingeing that followed :cry:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I've lost one lb, feeling a bit fitter, the mirror image is a bit trimmer looking, so that's encouraging - have cured myself of my chocaholicism by having a bowl of fruit salad and yoghurt for lunch every day, cheers all (hope the other ladies are still with us - hope you're doing well in your new job Elektra) :)

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Eat less - check.
Excercise more - check.
Reduce stress - er, umm, maybe next month.

I am still stuck at 215, as I have been for several years. I reach these plateaus and it's very difficult to go up or down from there.

Spring is coming, immediately following this weekend's blizzard, and outdoor activity is looking promising.

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

sorry about not posting on time, rough going on the weight loss. only 2 lbs to report since last report 2.5 weeks ago.
down to 257 and hopefully holding.
review on the schwinn 213 recumbent bike coming soon.
i hope everybody is able to stick to it and lose some more weight. don't get discouraged, i have been having a few slips but i plan to see this through.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I'm not sure how long it's been since my last post.... too long, I'm sure! All I've managed to lose in that whole time though was a tiny little three pounds.......... but that's better than gaining! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

This is a great thread. I hope you are all staying motivated and working toward your goals!

I hadn't realized how out of shape I've gotten in the past 18 months. I had knee surgery in October 2004, and except for rehab and reasonable diligence with stretching, I've really gotten soft. Then I noticed I was getting winded just walking up the stairs ...

So I went and bought a bike this weekend. Nice sparkling new Trek 7500 FX on clearance as the 2006 models are rolling in.
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/citybike/7500fx.jsp

I had tried several less expensive models, but then I rode this one and instantly knew it was "the one." Just like when you play a bunch of guitars and suddenly find one that sings to you. :)

What's my motivation to get out and ride? I've signed up for the 60-mile leg of the MS Bike Tour this May!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

That is one hotrod bike.

I think that spoke arrangement is way cool.

Have fun but be careful. Do not play in traffic.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Cool bike there Slej. I must admit that I hadnt stayed motivated. Not totally given up, but I am trying to make myself a better plan.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I'd been slacking off some, but have now stepped up the exercise bit, getting better at making it an everyday habit.

I'm finding that using the treadmill for 30-45 minutes every day is easier than doing a full hour every other day. Easier on the bad knees, and easier to stay motivated. Also, I can work at a higher intensity because I'm not having to pace myself so much.

I haven't had the guts to step on the scale yet, but can tell that things are tightening up. The payoff!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

arrrgh, I haven't checked this thread for such a long time.

I'm dropping roughly 2.0 lbs per week. I'm at 225 as of today. 10lbs total loss.

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 35