Clear all

POLL - Stratocaster Color Options

29 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok people, I'm looking to get into a USA Strat and have a few color options to choose from. Help! Check out the photos and let me know your personal preference. For those of you who like rosewood boards, sorry - this one will be all maple!

#1, Sienna Sunburst

#2, White

#3, Black

#4, Red

#5, 3-tone Sunburst

#6, Blizzard Pearl

#7, Butterscotch Blonde

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I have a white one and that might have been my first choice but I voted for the butterscotch, looks pretty good.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Shell pink! With a mint-green pickguard!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I've always drooled over white strats! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A friend of mine is trying to push the Strat Deluxe line on me... the one Imight be interested in would be the vintage white:

I'm just trying to figure out if the Deluxe is worth $200 more than the standard.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I'm just trying to figure out if the Deluxe is worth $200 more than the standard.

What's the main difference? The SCNs? Do they sound like strat pups? If so, and they're also noise free, then that's worth the price difference to me. Not sure if there are other major diffs. Play first; let your ears decide.

Vintage white is nice; a mint green pg would be better still.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Sienna Sunburst all the way!! :D

ReplyQuote
(@phillyblues)
Estimable Member

I have a 3-tone sunburst with a maple fretboard that I'm very happy with and I just like the way I can see the natural woodgrain come through the finish on it. Also, I think the 3-tone (especially with the maple neck) is very "traditionally" looking...translation...when I let my 13 year old nephew play it recently he said something along the lines of "nice guitar, but I feel like I'm Elvis or something holding this thing"

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

What's the main difference? The SCNs? Do they sound like strat pups? If so, and they're also noise free, then that's worth the price difference to me. Not sure if there are other major diffs. Play first; let your ears decide.

Vintage white is nice; a mint green pg would be better still.

Major differences:

The American standard offers 22-frets, USA pickups, two-point tremolo, hardcase

The Deluxe adds locking tuners, SCN pickups, S-1 switching system, deluxe tremolo with pop-in arm, contour heel, abalone dot markers, full case candy (fender strap, strap locks, cord, cleaning kit), additional colors such as vintage white and 2-color sunburst

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I have a white Strat, so I voted white. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

1 more vote for the USA deluxe, i love mine.
do they offer the 2 tone sunburst? i love the way my grain shows through.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

+1 on the sb that tl is holding.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I voted white, but my strat is 3-tone and I love that, too. If it was Nitro and would wear-in I'd go 3-tone ALL THE WAY!!!! But, if not, then white.

But the blizzard pearl loks bloody kewl, also.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

I voted for the Sienna Sunburst. I have seen it in the store and it's nicer than the picture. I have also seen the Butterscotch Blonde and it would be my second pick.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@frankyl)
Eminent Member

Wow, I'm the only one that likes the black? I just love the nice starkly contrasting black and white body, especially with the pale wood of the neck. Though I have to admit that the Sienna Sunburst is a very, very, very, very close second, and that I really like the Blizzard Pearl, too.

Hmmm...

I suppose buying them all is just out of the question. That's a shame.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2