Clear all

Radio City Music Hall

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Not sure if any you have been here. But potentially, I might be going to a David Gilmour concert there on April 4th or 5th. Thing is, to propose this idea to my parents (I'd be going with my dad), I need to outline them how to get there.

I know this already. I currently live in Massachsetts, so we'd likely take the train to New York City. But from there...anyone know how you get to RCMH? I really want to see this concert, it's a dream of mine. I'm trying to find stuff now. Obviously from the train station we'd take a bus, I think? Or is the subway a better way?

Advice would be appreciated, thanks.

(@denny)
Reputable Member

"Practice, practice, practice." Oh I'm sorry, that's how to get to Carnegie Hall. Never mind.

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

It's close enough you could walk.
That's the best way to see NYC. 8)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yea, it seems that way the more people I talk to. Also...what train stop is closer Central Park or...PennStation, or whatever it's called. I forget. >_>

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Yea, it seems that way the more people I talk to. Also...what train stop is closer Central Park or...PennStation, or whatever it's called. I forget. >_>

Don't know about closer, but the walk from the Central Park stop is downhill, so choose that one :wink: . NYC has a real incline to it.
Squeeze as much time as you can into the trip Kevin. It's a great city.
Enjoy.

Don

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I live in New York city. Radio City Music Hall is on Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave.) at either 47th, 48th or 49th street. You'll probably take an Amtrak train into Penn Station which is 34th Street and Seventh Ave.

The subway stattion you want to get to is 47th-50th Street/Rockefeller Center. The trains that go there are the F, B, D. The ones at Penn Station are the A, C, E. There are a few things you can do.

One is to walk. It's only a short walk and it won't take you long and it's a good way to see the city. You need to go north and east, (or east and north) so you would walk uptown from 34th to 47th, then over one long block east to Sixth Ave.

Or you could get out of the train at Penn Station and walk over to the sixth Avenue line at 34th and Sixth Ave where you can get the B, D or F train. Subway is $2.00 here.

Forget the bus. If you wan you could take a cab which wouldn't be worth it. It would be around $8.00 for the short ride because of traffic.

If you have any other question about NYC just ask me.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I live in New York city. Radio City Music Hall is on Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave.) at either 47th, 48th or 49th street. You'll probably take an Amtrak train into Penn Station which is 34th Street and Seventh Ave.

The subway stattion you want to get to is 47th-50th Street/Rockefeller Center. The trains that go there are the F, B, D. The ones at Penn Station are the A, C, E. There are a few things you can do.

One is to walk. It's only a short walk and it won't take you long and it's a good way to see the city. You need to go north and east, (or east and north) so you would walk uptown from 34th to 47th, then over one long block east to Sixth Ave.

Or you could get out of the train at Penn Station and walk over to the sixth Avenue line at 34th and Sixth Ave where you can get the B, D or F train. Subway is $2.00 here.

Forget the bus. If you wan you could take a cab which wouldn't be worth it. It would be around $8.00 for the short ride because of traffic.

If you have any other question about NYC just ask me.

That's one of the things that makes this site so much better than the rest - ask, and you shall get good advice....Pearl, that's a lot of detailed information, VERY cool of you to take the time and trouble.

Kevin - you have to write a song about this adventure - you can either use the chords B, D and F or A C and E depending which way you decide to travel!.... I hope you enjoy the concert, whichever way you go! you might even write a review....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote