0 Likes
10.4 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

ehrm ... well...
...what was the topic again?

Popular restraining-order songs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

(Dedicated to Lars and Ginger, someone has to throw some cold water on them before.......)

DISCO DUCK!

Everytime I hear this, it brings tears to my eyes and an icepick to my ears! :lol:

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

LOL Roy, I thought I was the only person who cried to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro. That song would get to me everytime.

When I was about 20 I broke up with a girl and was totally shattered. It was my first real broken heart. I was trying to get over her and I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash would play on the radio. This song was about someone finally getting over a broken heart, and I tried to pretend I was doing the same... but I'm tellin' ya, the tears would flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsQ37_sIbDs&feature=related

And Rikki Don't Lose that Number by Steely Dan always touches me deep, it was my first wife's and my song. Things were good then, and when I hear this song I can't help but remember those times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMLV05lqsx8

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL Roy, I thought I was the only person who cried to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro. That song would get to me everytime.

That song made me react in a different way - used to have me reaching for a bucket. It's so sickly sweet, it'll rot your teeth! And as much as I've always loved the Everly Brothers' music, "Ebony Eyes" was another one that used to bring on the technicolour yawn.

Pass the smelling salts, please..........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I won a bet with that Goldsboro song. Some young lass thinking she was tough and could never cry to a song. 10 minutes later she storms into my office "royyyy, how could you DO something like that to me.....boo-wahhhhhh....". I still feel a little bad. :cry:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I once had a list of 100 heartbreaking songs (from Rock, Soul, R&B, Country,and Pop) and this one has been considered the number one in the list: George Jones' ' He Stopped Loving Her Today' a tale about a guy that commited suicide...George Jones honest singing does the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27jzHHN97gI

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I don't think He Stopped Loving Her Today implies a suicide. The old guy stopped loving his lost woman because he finally croaked. Great country song!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

(Dedicated to Lars and Ginger, someone has to throw some cold water on them before.......) :lol:
well....If you throw cold water on Lars your gonna get some steam...cause he's sooooooo HOT! :D :oops: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Cold water blues ? (not muddy ones...)

ReplyQuote
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

I was recently on a bus travelling between Liverpool and London (in the UK), feeling far from home (Australia) and listening to Bow River played by Ian Moss from his Six Strings Album. I was more than a little teary by the end of it.

Other than that, I would echo what Chris C said earlier, which was something along the lines of....
"the older I get the more easily I am moved emotionally." In my case it's by most things though.

Regards,
Paul

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Leonard Cohen- Hallelujah
Pink Floyd- Goodbye Blue Sky

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5