63 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
11 K Views
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Here's one I just found. (Well, I'd heard it before)
Written and sung by Lucinda Williams
(although more famous from Mary Chapin Carpenter)
Passionate Kisses
Katreich singing this would be really great.

(Great song to listen to while vacuuming the floor)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

So Ken, fill us in. You got a lot of great suggestions. Did you find any diamonds in the rough here? Any suggestions make it to your iPod?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

So Ken, fill us in. You got a lot of great suggestions. Did you find any diamonds in the rough here? Any suggestions make it to your iPod?
Yes, lot of great suggestions.
I've listened to all of them except the last list (Gnease's) that didn't provide the YouTube links.
I'll have to go through that and find them myself.
Have I added any to my iPod? I wish you hadn't asked. (this is embarrassing) :oops: No.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Now you listen to me young man. A lot of people have worked very hard to give you suggestions. You know, there are people in Africa who would love to have those suggestions? You march right upstairs and start adding those songs!
And if you don't put any Porcupine Tree songs on your iPod, I'll have to pull the trigger on the FOE BUTTON! :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I wanted to respond to this thread back when you first posted, but I wasn't sure how to narrow down my list to something I would be willing to type. Sorry, no YouTube links cause I'm at work.

Edit: Added YouTube links...

I've seen several people mention Drive-By Truckers, which would be on my list.
"Where the Devil Won't Stay"
"The Day John Henry Died"
"Ronnie and Neil" (I'm somewhere in that crowd)
"Guitar Man Upstairs"
"Zip City"

I second blueline's recommendation of Porcupine Tree
"Shallow"
"Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here"
"Blackest Eyes")
and Dream Theater
"The Dark Eternal Night"
"Stream of Consciousness"

Of course, my iPod wouldn't be complete without some Pearl Jam (I have a "PJ" smart playlist in iTunes that includes any song where artist is Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder or Temple of the Dog and it currently shows 971 items, 3 days, 1 hour and 17 minutes running time and 6.68 GB of space). Their latest album from 2006 (self-titled) is excellent.
"Life Wasted" (this video is awesome)
"Severed Hand"

Both albums by The Raconteurs are great.
"Steady As She Goes"
"Intimate Secretary"
"You Don't Understand Me"
"The Switch and the Spur"
"Many Shades of Black"
"Carolina Drama" (awesome song)

The newest Black Crowes album, Warpaint is very good.
"Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution"
"Walk Believer Walk"

Kings of Leon
"Taper Jean Girl"
"Holy Roller Novocaine"

My Morning Jacket
"Evil Urges"
"Off the Record" (I'm in that crowd too)

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Don't have an (ick)pod, bought a 4G Creative Zen Vision Plus almost 2 years ago, heres my list this week.
these are albums in folders because the song list is a bit too long, but you get the idea.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@big-lar)
Estimable Member

If we aren't being unusual enough for you, check out a band called Brother. I'm at work, so I can't provide youtube links, but check out their song "Take You Back" at a minimum. Everything they do is awesome and they have a great and unique sound.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

"Steady As She Goes"
"Intimate Secretary"
"Many Shades of Black"

I never heard of this band. Jus listened to a few tunes. I R impressed. 8) Very good band. 8) There's enough punk thrown together with some funky breaks surrounded by some in your face vocals. The've got a pretty strange vibes going on there too. I like it.

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

I get sick of particular songs after a while, its just that some take longer than others, but as far as artists, I must have Foo Fighters, Jay-z, Nirvana, DeathCab for Cutie, Outkast, Bun-B/UGK, and Pink Floyd. Their songs in particular changes however

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

"Steady As She Goes"
"Intimate Secretary"
"Many Shades of Black"

I never heard of this band. Jus listened to a few tunes. I R impressed. 8) Very good band. 8) There's enough punk thrown together with some funky breaks surrounded by some in your face vocals. The've got a pretty strange vibes going on there too. I like it.

Wow, can't believe you haven't heard of 'em. It's Jack White's "side" band, very talented group of guys. And they get bonus points from me cause they now call Nashville their home town.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I never heard 'em neither. Good stuff. Thanks for turning me on to it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I'm kinda slow on the uptake sometimes. Its one of the many downsides to never listening to the radio AND being an old fart. But, I do like em!!!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

As it turns out Off the Record also is on mine --- and I've been observing the slow emergence of MMJ for a while now.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Looks like some Spiderbait's going to have to go on mine. Check out Black Betty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBi2jg7SiU&feature=related

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5