0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w7TuTuGZvLw

Whaddya think ?

(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

That was pretty good, though why is it called the worst guitar player thats better than you?

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That was pretty good, though why is it called the worst guitar player thats better than you?

The poor guy's ranting a bit at the highly educated and thoughtful YouTube community of commentors. It's in the description. I guess after that post he packed up his shotguns and headed to the nearest internet cafe and is holding anyone with laptops and pimples hostage. He needs a hug.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh, and Rahul, that was pretty quick playing, eh? Pretty neat....although I go for the soulful thing myself. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

The guy seems a bit arrogant and seems to be a little in your face. He's awesome!

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's not a spider. It's a Strat!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

That's not a spider. It's a Strat!

No...

I was referring to his fingers which looked like 'spiders approaching their prey' while doing that fast riff. :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

I was hoping it was a cover of System Of A Down "Spiders" But this was cool too!!!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

"Spider" in a guitar context always makes me think of one of these, found inside a Dobro-style guitar, or the guitar that contains it:

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

a good example of scales. fast and cleanly played.
no soul. no attitude. I can hear that kind of playing at the guitar center on a saturday afternoon.
dime a dozen.
looks more burnt than dangerous.
and he can play that better than me.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

"Spider" in a guitar context always makes me think of one of these, found inside a Dobro-style guitar, or the guitar that contains it:

... or is it really a Coleman stove burner with integrate chopstick rest/hotdog bun warmer?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've always thought the cone & spider looked like a stove eye.

Read somewhere online the other day in an article by John Dopyera's son that they first called that bridge design a "spiderweb," which it looks more like than a spider. It does have 8 legs, but they also made Dobros with 4 legged bridges in the early days.

ReplyQuote