Notifications
Clear all

Tele and Strat Overlap each other?

24 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

My wife said somethin that made sense, though. Despite what I'm going through, I'm keeping my sanity and this certainly helps. I guess a couple hundred bucks every 6 months ain't gonna kill us. :)

Well, that's the way I see things. It makes me happy and what else is there? I got more of the darn things than I could ever use but it's like living in a music store and I like it gosh darn it! :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Just something about a good Tele sound I love...I really need to buy one LOL.

I'm a confirmed Teleholic. For any other guitar model, just one is plenty. But I currently have FOUR teles, and have my eye on yet another, if I can ever sell Ampzilla.

LOL, I'm eying an SX Tele, and I think that'll trump the Hollowbody.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Last time I looked, there were a bunch of SX Tele choices. I've got tow tele objects myself. An MIM and a Squire Affinity. Both enjoyable and both sound like teles.

I got the email yesterday that my order is "being processed", whatever that means.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I can't wait to hear how you like it. The waiting is the hardest part. I got a GF order in myself. The "higher quality" togle on my new Agile is one of those sealed units that "clicks" from position to position. The cheaper ones are Switchcraft style like my "real" Les Pauls have. I ordered a Switchcraft style one as well as a Nashville style bridge. Like $9 and $13 respectively. The ARB bridge had a very jerky movement when I did the intonation. Otherwise though the thing is perfect.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

This is the one I'm looking at:

http://www.rondomusic.com/FURRIANhmnna.html

Hopefully in a couple months I'll have the cash to get it, I may trade my LP Junior up with that.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The waiting is the hardest part.
Out for delivery. Should be here about 6:00 PM.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I spoke too soon. It's here and unpacked. New topic soon.

Roy

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

This is the one I'm looking at:

http://www.rondomusic.com/FURRIANhmnna.html

Oh, yes. Put a rosewood/ebony fretboard on that sucker, and I'll take it. Thinlines IMO are the ultimate expression of the Telecaster design.

"Furrian"... where do they get these names?? :lol:

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

LOL, I don't know, it's really Furry....nor does it scream fury. :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2