Notifications
Clear all

Ten Worst Songs of All Time

99 Posts
56 Users
0 Likes
21.9 K Views
(@guerrilla-radio)

Anything by Phil Collins. I can't stand his voice at all. Makes me cringe. I also despise The Reason - Hoobastank

I completely dissagree with you on Phil Collins.

However, everytime I hear "the reason" I want to shoot myself in the leg.

Has Hoobastank ever made a good song?

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Man I love dust in the wind. Love the lyrics, the music, all of it. I agree with it too.

(Glad to say I havn't seen Billy Joel's name on this list yet, I have a sick obsession with his music)

Heck, I wrote this post intending to pick a song that I consider the worst, but I can't think of any. Something is messed up here.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Everybody must get stoned - Bob Dylan
Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin
Misunderstanding - Genesis
That's the way I like it - KC & the Sunshine Band
Gonna let her in - John Travolta
She Bangs - Rickey Martin/William Hung
China Girl - David Bowie
Don't worry be happy - Bobby McFerrin
Don't take the girl - ? anyone care ?
Any rock song covered by a country "artist"

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@yellow_tangerine)
Eminent Member

Hey, Everybody Must Get Stoned (Rainy Day Women #12 & 35) is a pretty cool song. Kinda sounds like something me and my band would come up with at 3 in the morning. (not sure if that sends Bob a compliment or not :? )

One song that always makes me mad is the Eminem version of Dream On by Aerosmith. The first time I heard the intro, I thought the modern rock station I was listening to was suddenly getting cultered. It just may not be my kind of music, but then again, it's not on the radio anymore....
And anything by Limp Bizkit, especially when he takes a tried and true classic rock song and sucks the soul out of it (Behind Blue Eyes, anyone?)

ANYTHING by Barry Manilowe gives me the heebie jeebies. Coppa Cabbana?!?
And you're right, The Reason gives me a reason to go into my closet and cry.

If you don't know where you're going,
Any road will take you there

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Afternoon Delight - ???(Little River Band?)
I beleive that was the Starland Vocal Band

Anything from Bobby Sherman, Sawn Cassidy, David Cassidy and a host of other super sweet syrup venders.

Need to check the LP's

BS

ReplyQuote
(@jbrownstein)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Walked into a restaurant tonight and heard "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John. Why they would play that in a restaurant is beyond me. I lost my appetite.

The unexamined life is unworth living - Aristotle

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Walked into a restaurant tonight and heard "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John. Why they would play that in a restaurant is beyond me. I lost my appetite.

Teach you to eat at Hooters ...

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Feargal Sharkey-- A Good Heart

later
Ghost 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@cndpritchard)

There is alot of bad music that I will actually turn up, but here are three that I can feel my blood pressure rise as soon as I hear them.

They make me so mad!

God is Watching Us
Cotton-Eyed Joe and
Everything I do (I do it for you)

ReplyQuote
(@dr-w-g-grace)
Trusted Member

Rolf Harris's cover of Stairway To Heaven

Have to disagree with you there, I think it's the definitive version of that song - I'm no Zeppelin fan.
As long as I'm I'm provoking hate mail: while many worthy candidates for the title of worst song of all time have been nominated (and a distressing number are by Australian artistes, sob sob), my absolute, unequivocal worst song of all time is...
Imagine, by John Lennon

Go Deeeeeees, bury this rubbish.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

"we only want to change your head"--John Lennon

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Anything by the complete and utter idiot who´s playing the piano in the bar of this hotel..... for crissakes, he plays house of the rising sun in Dm and Let it Be in Eb.....tried to teach him some Beatles songs in the right key, but all he wants to play is "Girl from Ipanema"......that´s now number one on the all-time hate list, followed very closely by "I should have danced all night".....

Wouldn´t mind, but the guy can really play....we did a couple of blues songs in A, sounded good....then he had to go and spoil it all by playing something stupid like "I love you"

I just need to go home....can´t wait for tomorrow....and get my hands on a loud electric guitar.....plug the MF in and hit it.....I really, really need some loud rock´n´roll......!!!!!

Holidays? Forget ém....never, ever leaving my guitars "home alone" again....!!!!!

Could start a new thread here....what´s the first song you want to hear when you haven´t heard any decent music for a week.....

AC/DC...Sin City....will probably be the first thing on my stereo, volume cranked all the way up......

As Brian Wilson said way back in ´66, "I wanna go home".....

:( :( :(

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hey Vic....."your to oh old to rock n roll but your but your to young to die"

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Wouldn´t mind, but the guy can really play....we did a couple of blues songs in A, sounded good....then he had to go and spoil it all by playing something stupid like "I love you"

That pretty much qualifies as an "in" joke for the 40+ crowd -- if one can call over 40 being "in."

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rush2112)
Trusted Member

How can you not like "everybody must get stoned"?
everyone has his taste, I guess.

I hate - "Spirit in the Sky" - its got one of the coolest riffs I've ever heard but then the lyrics come in, and they're so freakin lame!

And I dont think I saw "Who let the dogs out?" yet either. THAT is awful.

"You know, it eez possible to be too attractive." - Pepe le Pew

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes." - Bill and Ted

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7