Test your ear

24 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Point taken Arjen ..

And your side note makes a lot of sense to me

I may have been self consciously thinking about work as I have been putting in quite a few long days lately ..

I'll re-do this again lter when I am more relaxed dureing my long week - end and see if my results improve any { hope so lol }

Hilch

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

+1 to the idea that this was more of a test of concentration. Took it late at night got 75% right but kept reading posts, took it again and got 80.6% right although, I found myself again nodding off in the middle. I think the test would be more accurate if you could hear the two selections again then it would be testing pitch and not memory or concentration. If you were tone deaf you couldn't hear the difference in pitches no matter how many times you listened to the selections. The next riff starts so soon after you hit the button. I think the guy who came up with that test just created a crafty way to get people to listen to his music. Notice at the end how he says if you liked the samples to check out his music.

Here's another much easier (if you are an american who celebrates Christmas) tone deaf test: http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/tunetest/
There was one or two songs I didn't know but still I got them all right because the mistakes were obvious. The test is far easier and perhaps more accurate because I doubt any one on here is truly tone deaf since I thought it was actually quite rare. The more you work with music the better your pitching which is different than being absolutely tone deaf.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

66.6% :cry:

Will try again :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I took it a 2nd time, for fun, and my score went from 77.8% to 83.3%. I did the math, and that means I got 28 correct the first time and 30 correct the second time. I don't think my skills got better in a few days, though! I think I was "used" to the test and concentrated better the second time. I bet most people would see a score increase the second time.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I got 63.9% but I had the TV on so I wasn't concentrating too much.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I got a fairly embarassing low score while I had the TV on I turned it off and I increased by 10 %.

Don't know what that means other than I'm about average now, but I seriously never thought I had a good ear anyway, but really concentrating on the phrases did help, I actually did hear some of those notes that were different or maybe I just thought I did.

Oh well just another test I failed..reminds me of school.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@llynix)
Eminent Member

Hrmm... I don't know if I should post my score...

Ohh well.. 94.4% Correct 1st Time.

Wonder which one I missed :)

One man, one guitar, one website, one ditty a day. - http://onedittyaday.com

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Just scored 70% here at work. A little too distracting here (and the sound was low) but of course I was nervous taking the thing the whole time because I didn't want to score lower than the random test that Neztok did without the sound!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Looks like the same test posted by Geebubba a couple weeks ago over on Games and Trivia titled Test Your Tonal Ability.

I wondered if the test had some subliminal hypnotic element. I almost fell asleep during it and still got 86.1% if I remember correctly.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2