Clear all

The Best & Worst Shows You've Seen in Person

51 Posts
37 Users
0 Likes
(@saber)
Reputable Member

Best is Rage against the machine.

Worst is cake. He stoped the music and stormed off stage because people were singing along. Then he came back out and yelled at everyone. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Plus the performance itself was pretty crappy.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Worst is cake. He stoped the music and stormed off stage because people were singing along. Then he came back out and yelled at everyone. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Plus the performance itself was pretty crappy.
Sounds like a story for the People talking while I'm playing thread... :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Worst I've ever seen was Great White and Whitsnake back in '86 or '87. They all played technically great, but it was boring. The crowd was not enthused and neither were the bands.

Best, Metallica and Ozzy back in early/mid 80's. Both were pretty good. It was Jake E. Lee on guitar, not Randy , but I appreciate Jake E. Lee. Metallica were awesome on that Master of Puppets Tour.
Best also, Slayer a couple of years ago. Don't even remember the openers, but Slayer were just kicking off their tour and the crowd were really into it. The Slayer guys just fed off the energy and though some of the band seemed a little hung-over, or just flat out buzzed, they played great.

Also memorable, Sting on his first solo tour after the Police with those great jazz musicians like Marsalis and Kirkland.
Willie Nelson, about '99. It was a small venue, small band, around his birthday that year. Good crowd, packed. The band played well and it was freakin' Willie Nelson! Awesome!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@kenzabenzie)

Sheryl Crow always puts on a great show. the last time I saw Grateful Dead in 95 at Sam Boyd stadium in Vegas about two months before Jerry passed and Metallica at Allentown Fairgrounds for their black album. It was such a small venue for them and the energy was unbelievable. offhand I can't think of any bad shows.

ReplyQuote
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

Best:
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the Moon tour - Edinburgh (around 1972)
It was my first time to hear quadrophonic sound.

Close contenders - Jethro Tull (Albert Hall, London) and The Who (Isle of Wight festival)

Best in this century :lol: - Paul McCartney in Osaka a couple of years ago.

Somehow I can't think of the worst I've seen.

ReplyQuote
 Oric
(@oric)
Estimable Member

Best one- seeing Sigur Rós in Louisville.

I haven't been to any others (if by show, you mean a performance by a band or solo artist that costs money to go to- I saw Chicago on Broadway and Phantom of the Opera in San Fransisco. They were both excellent.)

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4