Clear all

The Blues and the BBC

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

If you've got access via the web or TV to the BBCi player, read on....if not, go to the next thread. Or be prepared to swear out loud, if you're a fan of the blues.

Once again, Auntie Beeb's done us proud musically speaking this weekend....check out (under "B") Blues at the BBC (classic clips from the BBC archives, including performances by Son House, BB King, Clapton, Buddy Guy, Fleetwood Mac, and John Lee Hooker. Also Blues Brittania - a documentary about how Blues music was assimilated into British Culture. Also - Bobby Bland (two steps from the Blues, also under "B") - his life story.

Then check under "I" for "In Concert" - featuring Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee, a 1970's performance.

Some good stuff there, yes? Enjoy!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@alangreen)

I'll give this a look.

Auntie's pulled some rabbits out of the hat over the last couple of weeks, they re-ran a Radio 3 program about Segovia which I'd accidentally deleted without listening to a few months back, and they even had John Williams (he of the guitar, not the movie themes) talking with Joan Armatrading on iPlayer (for those of a classical guitar disposition)

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

The Blues programme is hot. A friend tipped me off to this via Facebook as it was being aired, and I managed to V+ the whole night's programming. :D

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i missed this thread - i hope its still on iplayer -im off to check it out. cheers for the heads up Vic

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

i missed this thread - i hope its still on iplayer -im off to check it out. cheers for the heads up Vic

Well, enjoy - take particular note of F. Mac. Forget Rumours, Tusk, good though they might have been - then find whatever you can on youtube....of the original band. Man of the World, Handbags and Gladrags (b-side of Man of the World - still got it on a 45 somewhere in the attic. Best version, bar none.) Albatross, Green Manalishi, Black Magic Woman....listen, enjoy. Then see if you can find anything by Peter Green....guitar genius. Trust me on this one!

Fabulous band!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote