Clear all

The Gibson Tour Bus??

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

My office complex is somewhat of a strange breed. Our office buildings are adjacent to a mall and are connected to two hotels. We are located across the river from New York City (Madison Square Garden) and are very close to a major arena and stadium. That said, many musicians stay at one of the hotels in our office complex. I've seen musicians, circus people, rap artists and many special interest conventions over this past year.
(BTW, you should see how strange people look when they dress up like their favorite Anime character…yikes!)

Anyways, there are always lines of tour busses parked outside. So one day, I go downstairs for a smoke and I see a Gibson bus. Naturally, I was drawn to it like a magnet. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to talk with anyone going to/from the bus so I was unable to find out what was going on.

Anyone know what this is all about? I looked on the Gibson site but could not find anything.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Dude, that was your ticket to fame & you missed the bus!! :shock:

J/K! :lol:
Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Dan

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Dan
ROFLMAO :lol: That was too funny! There is was, as plain as day and I missed it. :D

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

at least you were not thrown under the bus.

my guess Gibson is promoting the new robot guitars at a Guitar Center. maybe some hired rockers are on it.
if the driver is Otto, say hey for me.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

if the driver is Otto, say hey for me.

Would that be Otto Tewn?

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

If it's the same one that visits my fave music store about once a year (looks as if), then it's filled with high end Gibby's, including many of their best Custom Shop and signature models. Once I was so smitten by Gibby, I tried to buy the Johnny A Custom Shop straight off the van. They wouldn't sell. I immediately retaliated and purchased a microKorg. It was a little less pricey.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sheeesh, in addition to the 90 nights, he's got 4 years of proby and a 19K fine plus an additional 250 hours of community service. And that was it because he "helped" recover most of the stolen merchandise. Yeah, that was worth it. :roll:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote