Clear all

What would you name your band?

67 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
12.3 K Views
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Another name that I had forgotten when thi thread started up was Spurrel Fitzpatrick.

Somewhere down the line, many generations ago, a man with the name Spurrel moved into a catholic town, being a prostetant in those times he couldn't marry the girl he was after. So he changed his name, creating a new one, Spurvey. They got married and started a family. Thus making me a relative of every Spurvey in the world.

Somewhere down the lines in my mothers family, great-great-grandfather or somesuch, there was a man with the last name Fitzpatrick. He was in the Irish Army, and wanted out, so he jumped ship when they docked in St. John's and moved to the Trinity Bay area, changing his last name to Moore.

I would only use this in a solo project though. I think it would be a neat story to tell if someone asked me why I used a stage-name.

Paul

That is so cool! I think everyone wants to change his/her name, or considers possibilities. So Mr Spurvey, or Mr Moore what be the name of your solo band?

Someday, I absolutely must visit The Rock! Meanwhile, I'll take the Skytrain into Vancouver every morn.

Later,

Ghost 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member

That other band

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

First I thought about naming a band Led Zeppilin but figured it would never catch on. Recently I thought about the name Pedals but it sounds too feminine. But now at the old age of 40 I would name my band Dicky Doo because lately my belly sticks out farther than my ________ Do!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

king juju and the bee's

the eric heidelstrom science project

airhead and the bubbles

greased monkeys

tattoo parlor

the cartoonish supervillains

wake n shake n bake

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

Anal Tap

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Too bad, The Band, was already taken :cry:

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I want to name my band "Numb". There are a lot of connections and stories I have about this word, plus it would just seems like it would sound really cool to me, to walk on stage and say, "Alright, we're Numb" and just start playing.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5