Notifications
Clear all

What's your favourite.......

27 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I don' think you should limit yourself to "acoustic" songs. Try songs you'd play on electric too.

However, songs played on acoustic, you could look at Neil Young, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, CCR. Very popular, easy to play.

For something more modern, (even though some of the aforementioned are still recording) could be Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam.

A lot of acoustic songs can have rock riffs too. A video was floating around here a few weeks ago of an acoustic "Whole Lotta Love" it was pretty rocking. KT Tunstall's Black Horse & The Cherry Tree is another good example.

Don't limit yourself Pete!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

I would consider trying any electric tune I really like on acoustic -- there have been many great acoustic covers created that way. Some of these are named above.

I agree. I love acoustic versions.

3 Doors Down has a number of "electric" songs that translate well in acoustic. Relatively simple arpeggiated songs, without electric stuff like bends, and lots of barre chords.

Here Without You
Be Like That
Away From The Sun
etc.

Also, I like the Counting Crows song, Mr. Jones...

There are so many...
Ghost 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

I would consider trying any electric tune I really like on acoustic -- there have been many great acoustic covers created that way. Some of these are named above.

I agree. I love acoustic versions.

3 Doors Down has a number of "electric" songs that translate well in acoustic. Relatively simple arpeggiated songs, without electric stuff like bends, and lots of barre chords.

Here Without You
Be Like That
Away From The Sun
etc.

Also, I like the Counting Crows song, Mr. Jones...

There are so many...
Ghost 8)another few good bands to translate to acoustic are Thre Days Grace,Falling up,Jonzetta(spell check?), and some other tooth and nail bands.

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

Here are some relly good acoustic songs that i love listening to:
1)Wonderwall - Oasis
2)Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day
3)Welcome to My Life (Live acoustic version) - Simple Plan
4)Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

Hope this helps :)

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

----I Am The American Idiot---- <-------You have been warned

ReplyQuote
(@jimmy_kwtx)
Estimable Member

The Rain Song--Zepplin Baby!!! :P

Chords are completly beutiful and I want to have this down so baddass on 6 string that when I can finally get a 12 I will be able to play it no problem.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

over the hills and far away---zeppelin, it speaks for its self
wish you were here--pink floyd, gilmoure is a genius
night moves---bob segar, alot of fun to play and everybody loves it at campfires

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

I love changing the feel of a song when I cover it (properly, not just learn the tab and then record it to see how I'm playing).

Making it acoustic always makes it appealing to me.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Ok, so I recently got myself a Stagg Electro-Acoustic in black finish, sweet sounding with and without an amp....Which one? I've got the one with the ovation-style sound holes, and I love it. I tried every electro-acoustic in the store, and I liked it more than the ones that cost ten times as much. Best. Bargain. Ever. :mrgreen:

As for songs to play, I don't actually play many acoustic songs, I normally take rockier things and arrange them for acoustic. Slow them down, make powerchords into full chords, change the rhythms around a little, that sort of thing. Great fun, and people love it.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@improvgtrplyr)
Estimable Member

i was playing accustic last night on the porch with some friends. it's the songs that make people want to singthat i like. i live in a busy area and people on the street stoped to listen as they were walking by.

house of the rising sun-animals...why do people think your a great player if you play this song?

drift away-dobie gray....everyone sang along during this tune. good times.

funk 49-joe walsh...i just love to play this tune on accustic, nobody remembered the words

the wind crys mary-jimi hendrix....because it's hendrix

jesus left chicago-zz top...singer friend begged me to play this one. he sang it great too

gotta love the accustic...it's like a walking party :D

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member

i have an acoustic version of Dont Cry by Guns n Roses wich is excellent!!

rain song - led zep is awesome!!
i like jack johnsons stuff too

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Sean

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Some great suggestions so far.

As for me I would have to say Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd. I will get round to DH's lesson on that one soon.

Currently working on Everybody Hurts - REM. Have been playing it on electric up to now but last night I blew the cobwebs off my accoustic and tried it on that. The apreggios sound so cool accoustically. Can't wait to get the whole song nailed. It's rekindled my acquaintance with my old accoustic. I feel a GAS attack coming on. :shock:

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Ever thought about Cliff Richard and the shadows...they make some fantastic songs.

Or go to my music page and you can see that every song , whether electric or acoustic or pianist or whatever...i have played on my classical guitar :)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2