Clear all

Which guitar to get?

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

HI, i'm very new to playing ( started about 3 months ago) but i'm already totally addicted. As such i need to upgrade from my cheap gear4music strat copy. I have a budget of about £250-£350 and want something good for pretty much everything, mainly heavy rock and some metal. Suggestions?

Jack

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

If you want to play hard rock stuff probably you could review some Les Paul, for example, the Epiphone, it is in your range. Moreover, as you have a Strat copy you can compare to the other big side.

Anyway, if you can do it, go to your nearest guitar store and play as much guitars you can. You can select a guitar by catalogue but it is always recommended that you play it to check if it is comfortable to you, if the guitar is good for your body, your hands, if you get a good feedback...

Always it is funny to buy a new guitar!

Good luck! :D

ReplyQuote
(@firewater)

Nuno's advise about going to a guitar store is great,while you are there you might want to check out some Ibanez models.I have a SZ model that I personally love,but if you are more into metal,you might want to try a RG model.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Which SZ model, FW?
I wish the Guitar Center here had them in stock.
When I did my research on picking my guitar, that was a contender (the SZ models).

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the reply's. I will be going down to my local shop (GAK) at the weekend and will try out a few models. I like the look of the SZ-320 anyone had any experiance with these?

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@firewater)

This one here, in the green color.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SZ520QM-Quilted-Maple-Electric-Guitar-518872-i1167499.gc

She plays sooooooooo sweet. :D

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Ah yes, that's the same one Claudine has.
Here's a post of hers doing an improv (from the Beginner's video board - click the picture)
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35807&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=405#p358403
(Clau is my guitar heroine)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@firewater)

Jack

If I remember correctly the SZ320 and SZ520 are pretty much the same,just cosmetic differences,like the 520 having the quilted maple top.But tone wise they should be pretty much the same.With any SZ you need to be aware that they are kinda thick (body wise),but IMO that what gives them that sweet,sweet tone.I guess what I'm trying to say is you really need to "try before you buy".I love mine,but they are not for everyone.If you have any more questions about the SZ's just ask :D

Ken

thanks for the link I will check that out when I get home(no speakers on the work computer) :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote