Clear all

Xavier Guitars

31 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

They sell them on Guitar Fetish. Anyone own one? Play one? Just curious.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xaviereguitars.html

Pretty!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Never heard of them, but it's a nice looking guitar!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I have played one. The LP copy from a year ago that was made to look like the white Epi LP Custom. A good friend of mine got one as a divorce present for himself and loves it. I got to play it the day it came in and have not seen it since. (He got a mostly out of town job and a full time out of town girlfriend who, oddly enough, went to school with my wife. Small world.)

Very attractive guitar and very playable. The pickups sound good, but are different than the Epi stock Alnico ones we have on Epi LPs. I'm having trouble recalling the difference, but it was nothing bad. Just different. It has now one flaw, but I have not seen it yet myself. He says there's a "dead fret" somewhere like on the A string around the 12th fret somewhere. Can't remember exactly. It's also a good bit heavier than my Epi. I didn't know that it was possible. It came with 9's on it, IIRC and the action could have been lowered some, but it was not bad. Probably closer to what I set mine up to nowadays.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I have been looking at them for awhile; I like the XV-700 thinline model. Their pricing is very attractive. There are many youtube vids of guys playing these guitars & doing reviews on them. I plan on purchasing on in the future. As for GF, they are great to deal with.

I had an order w/ them that was incomplete, & I sent them an email about it. They replied almost immediately & I had the missing items within a couple of days. Top notch outfit! :)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

...........Top notch outfit! :)

+1

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sorry for the multiple postings.

I saw this just now in their clearance section. A paint chip was reason for it being there. http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsoblgfsalp2.html In case it's gone, it's a tele style, semi-hollow with soapbar P90s. $140.

I also just now remembered that I saw a dark blue metal-flake semi-hollow tele style used at a local shop. I did look down the neck and it was not the straightest. I didn't play it for whatever reason.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I think I have fought off the gas o this one ...... for now.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, especially now that the Agiles 2000s are back down to $199. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Yeah, especially now that the Agiles 2000s are back down to $199. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I noticed that...decisions, decisions... :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Oh I noticed it as well. :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Did you see where Guitar Fetish is selling their name brand of strings now? (GFS Strings) Really cheap too. I might get a couple sets next time I order something.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

No, interesting.

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Now I am gassing for the Bamboo guitar in the "Odd guitar" thread. For only $199.00, it is pretty tempting. I see the company is in Boston, MA. I snagged this from the Harmony Central forums;
Yep....I'm the first kid on MY block. It sure is a nice guitar for $299. They dropped the price $100 from when I ordered it...August 13th!

It has more "Jumbo" frets than I am used to and way too light strings
(Ernie Not EVEN slnky is the first set of strings that are just a bit too heavy for me)
This thing plays almost as good as my 20 year old 1 owner strat, out of a cardboard box.
Pretty nice sustain and a great neck. WAY better fit & finish than I expected for the price. I don't usually even look at guitars in this price range....but this is sure nice!!!
(You know your a musician when you have to edit the H out of the word sHure)

Awesome guitar for the money....I think I will taper the frets a bit more at the edges. Not a bad job ...but after thin frets on a strat I hit them with the slide on the bottom. May need a better action when I get heavier strings (they are about 10---46's ish??)

Highly r3ecomend as a second electric, or a great starter guitar.
Great job First Act....my first purchase makes me want to check out more of your stuff. In this day and age VALUE impresses me.

After reading that, I am pretty sure I want to get one now; it is really tugging on me! :mrgreen: All I need is for someone to push me over the edge on a purchase! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Go ahead. Prove to us you're not a bambooaphobe. :lol:

Roy

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

After reading that, I am pretty sure I want to get one now; it is really tugging on me! :mrgreen: All I need is for someone to push me over the edge on a purchase! :lol:

Come on! Do it!

Just trying to push you over the edge. I really want one too- I need a fixed bridge guitar for drop d, and like the look. I also like how unique it is... But I don't want to go to the trouble, time, and expense of getting it here without KNOWING that it's good.

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3