10 Users
0 Likes
11.5 K Views
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I saw the post about the GFS pickups and did an eBay search and saw these Xaviere Guitars. I checked Harmony Central but there weren't any reviews on this model. But the reviews for other models looked good.

Now I know I could probably get a Fender Standard Tele for a bit more but it still wouldn't be an "American". Plus I did like the finish on this model. Has anyone heard of or experienced these guitars?

Thanks

Got a Xaviere yesterday and came looking for this thread only to discover you were asking about the very guitar I got. I unboxed it and after spending about an hour adjusting the action to my liking starting playing it (on headphones, due to it being 1:30 AM). I struggled to play it, probably due to its thin neck meeting my fingers which have played nothing but Les Pauls for the last 18 months. I was pretty discouraged because I couldn't adjust and was playing pretty poorly, had a similar experience this morning, but then later on today it clicked. I just got done whaling away on this thing for 2 hours straight, and I'm not sure I'll ever pick up an LP again (sarcasm).

Enough about that though, get this guitar for the sound. I've been looking for something that could give me a pointier tone, among other things, than my LPs and this is just what I was looking for and more. I testdrove a couple Tele's (under $1,000) in stores over the last few weeks and wasn't completely blown away so I took a chance on guitarfetish.com and it's paying out, can't wait to jam on this thing with my band tomorrow.

Also, the thing looks even more impressive in person than it does on their site. Flawless finish, I'm very happy with what I got for $350.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Ah, cool. What model did you get??

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

The exact one from the link in the original post. XV800, tele copy.

ReplyQuote
(@acesteele)

After looking at the commentary here & on other boards, I broke down & bought an Xaviere XV-700 last week.
(That's the Zematis-like Les Paul style body w/ the silver sparkle finish)

As an owner of 20 + guitars & 30 years playing experience, I bought this because ... well, I just wanted one.

Quality wise, the actual guitar is quite nice. Weighing in at 7.8 lbs, it was relatively light. And about 1/4 inch thinner than my Les Paul Standard. The finish was beautiful, a nice silver sparkle on the face of the guitar, and a very nice binding job, and the back of the body & nick are black. The neck feels great, (similar in shape to my Gibson Les Paul TV Special) not too fat, but not skinny either.

The guitar had a "Made In China" sticker on the back of the headstock.
The pickups (zebra coil humbuckers) are OK, At first, I thought they were a bit muddy, but once the pickups were lowered, the tone was much better. They still could be a bit cleaner.

My only complaint is that the tuning keys really suck. Not only do they slip, but they just look cheap, with the plastic tuning buttons. I'll be replacing mine w/ a good set of Sperzel's.

For a grand total of $306. , (which included the hardshell case & $62 in 2nd day air shipping) , it was well worth it.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2