Clear all

Your goals

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Wow I am making threads like crazy, its just, you guys have alot of information, and I have alot of questions :D :o :mrgreen: :note1:

Ok so just to throw them out there:

What are your ( guitar related ) goals for : 1. This Month. 2. From now August to December 3. To next year ( August 15th 2010) 4. To the next five years ( August 15th 2014 ) 5. To 10 years ( August 15th 2019 )

1. Ok for this Month I WILL train my ear by playing in the dark, and trying to guess the notes, I also WILL to make a jam group with new friends I hopefully meet in the new school.

2. From now to December I WILL be able to read sheet music, at a pace faster than I am reading right now, and my figerpicking will be better than it is now. I will be able to understand chords at a quick glance of all the notes ( im talking about weird extended chords ), and I will make use of syncopation ( spelling?) at will.

3. From now to next year I will have gone through ; A modern method for guitar volume 1; ( apostrophe key is broken)
I will also be making, and arranging cover songs/original songs with my band, which is to be named at a later date. I will also be a good overall guitarist and a good musician that will be able to play a wide array of things. I will know exactly what field of music I want to specialize in.

4. From now to five years I will be almost finished with my Bachelors degree in music, school options are still open, I will be studying the field of music I chose from now to a year O_O. I will be able to sight-read, and I will be able to play multiple instruments like: the piano, drums, bass, vocals, and anything else that I could find interesting, but I will never leave the guitar, because it is simply awesome and it gets the girls :D.

5. From now to ten years I will be 24, I will have finished, or close to finish, my Masters Degree. If I have finished it, then I will be teaching students, gigging, working at a music store, and living a musicians life. I will also be planning to open up my own music store in the future.

BAM so thats my life from here to 24.

Wow this is a great excersise, it really shows you how much you can do in ten years O_O. It doesnt necesarily have to be guitar-related goals, just do it, it really helps to put everything in perspective.

I realize I am really young and that most of you prolly dont plan to ten years from now O_O, if you want you can change 5 to 3 and 10 to 5, whatever you want :D, just do it its fun and most importantly say ;I will; :).

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Pretty ambitious, Coolnama, but then no-one ever got anywhere by being unambitious - I hope you achieve your goals.

My ambitions are pretty simple....

This month, to write at least one new song, and to keep setting some good assignments for the SSG.

This year (or what's left of it) to re-record some old songs of mine I've done demos of in the past.

Next year...to get better, both as a guitarist and as a songwriter., but especially to write a few songs to be proud of - seems like a while since I've written a decent song.

Five years - to record all the songs of mine I think are worth recording.

Ten years - to be still alive, and still playing guitar and still writing!

Fifty years - to be still playing guitar at the age of 102. They ever put me in an old folks home, they'll have to prise my Tele and my Cube amp out of my cold dead fingers, or there'll be bloodshed! They'll have to buy me some headphones, so's I don't disturb the other inmates....but one thing I've promised myself, I'll be playing rock'n'roll as long as I live. If they won't let me play guitar, hell, life won't be worth living anyway....

I'm not looking any further into the future than that - the crystal ball's gone a bit cloudy....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Pretty ambitious, Coolnama, but then no-one ever got anywhere by being unambitious - I hope you achieve your goals

Dreaming is free :P, If I work hard enough I can do it.

http://www.berklee.edu/profiles/elbert.html

If that girl can do it I can do it too :D
Cause all the other students Ive been reading bios on play Sax O_O Mandolin O_O, and this one plays guitar :D, and sings.
Haha but like you say, I gotta get GOOD first :D.

http://www.berklee.edu/profiles/spalding.html

Wow these bios really get you all fired up xD.

I hope I achieve my goals too..

Playing guitar at 102, wow, man, kinda like Les Paul, he was still playing at 94... thats nice.. I wish I never stop playing, and never stop getting better, and never got tendonitis :shock:

Ok I now have a new goal from here to next year

1. By Augusth 15th of 2010 I wil be coming back from the Berklee five-week summer program for young musicians like me, the minimum age is 15, so I couldnt have gone this year anyway, but next year... I am going to try and win the scholarship to go, and I will try and raise some money, by doing whatever I can..

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote