Notifications
Clear all

Your most annoying songs

65 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Ok, it was funny the first time I listened, and the story of its recording is brilliant, but I really can't put Blonde on Blonde on without skipping Rainy Day Women.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Yess - I thought about adding RDW too :lol:

But then there's not another annoying Dylan song is it :roll:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

wiggle wiggle

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

I've got another one to add - Hey Mickey That repeated cheerleader chant is so annoying. I remember this one from "way back when" but I had mercifully forgotten it until tonight when I stopped to pick up a few groceries and it was playing in the store. Aggggh!

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I find Dylan's 'Like a Rolling Stone' totally >5 mins of irritating stuff. Interestingly, it features as the RS's best song of all time ever.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I'd have to say anything that's been produced from 1996 to (insert current date here)

No, no, no - shame on you. Foo Fighters and Muse get the Rollmop Seal of Approval, and RHCP and Velvet Revolver are most definitely in the "Commended by the judges category" where I come from - and I freely admit it's a personal opinion. There's certainly some dross in the recently released bargain bucket but there's treasures to be had too if you wander off the beaten track; surely it ain't all rubbish?

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

In no particular order:

1. Anything by Pink Floyd - Sorry people but the only song of theirs that I even remotely like is Wish You Were Here. The rest are so depressing they make me want to put a plastic bag over my head and suffocate myself.

2. Anything rap since 1988.

3. Any song by a female singer who sounds, looks or acts like Mariah Carey or who lip syncs, wears goofy costumes on stage or appears naked in a music video. I'm sorry, if you have to do that then you should just wear a sign around your neck that says "I have no real talent so look at my ****".

4. Imagine by John Lennon. I'm sorry again if I step on sacred toes but that has to be the most warm and fuzzy, trite, annoying song ever. Who would really want to live in a world where there is nothing worth killing or dying for?

5. Anything by boy bands.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

In no particular order:

1. Anything by Pink Floyd - Sorry people but the only song of theirs that I even remotely like is Wish You Were Here. The rest are so depressing they make me want to put a plastic bag over my head and suffocate myself.

Lol -- that's how they are performed!

(Another Brick in) the Wall -- hate it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Find rap music highly annoying. Except one or two meaningful ones by Eminem.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

In no particular order:

2. Anything rap since 1988.

3. Any song by a female singer who sounds, looks or acts like Mariah Carey or who lip syncs, wears goofy costumes on stage or appears naked in a music video. I'm sorry, if you have to do that then you should just wear a sign around your neck that says "I have no real talent so look at my ****".

4. Imagine by John Lennon. I'm sorry again if I step on sacred toes but that has to be the most warm and fuzzy, trite, annoying song ever. Who would really want to live in a world where there is nothing worth killing or dying for?

5. Anything by boy bands.
1) No, no, no, no......................

2) Agreed, with the caveat that the "after 1988" is removed.

3) D'Accord. Abso-bloody-lutely. I cannot bear songs that sound like scale practice and Mariah Carey is the greatest sinner.

4) No comment

5) Oh, Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

No, no, no - shame on you. Foo Fighters and Muse get the Rollmop Seal of Approval, and RHCP and Velvet Revolver are most definitely in the "Commended by the judges category" where I come from - and I freely admit it's a personal opinion. There's certainly some dross in the recently released bargain bucket but there's treasures to be had too if you wander off the beaten track; surely it ain't all rubbish?
A :-)

I KNEW there were a couple of other popular bands that annoy me, I just couldn't think of them! Anything with Scott Weiland or Anthony Keidis annoys me. Especially the most recent RHCP song where Anthony is trying to scat.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

I always felt that if I died and came to on some astral plane of existance and heard Billy Joel "For The Longest Time", that I would be in hell.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

In no particular order:

OK, so can I just WATCH Mariah Carey? I'll turn it way down and play something else. :lol: :lol:

Wait a minute? This Mariah CArey thing of yours. It's 'cause of Derek Jeter, isn't it? :evil: :evil:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell. How many times can someone listen to that without going crazy. :shock: Make it stop.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell. How many times can someone listen to that without going crazy. :shock: Make it stop.

My all-time favorite riding song. I can close my eyes and feel the rumble, hear the pipes and feel the breeze. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

12 days to go......

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5