Clear all

Comments on my singing please?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
23.4 K Views
(@onthescale1)
Topic starter  

Hello, I would very much appreciate some opinions and comments/advices on my singing (Its my acoustic version of Stand by me by Oasis, you can also find my version of wonderwall there).
Thanks!
link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuaqRQhwj8

(@hobson)
Noble Member

I thought that was really good! You have a great sense of pitch. Your rhythm is good. If that's you playing guitar at the same time, good job of keeping the singing and playing going. Your voice is expressive. If you were singing more of a classical style, I'd say it was a little nasal and you're closing your throat and you're too quick to go to the r at the end of a word. But for this style, it all works.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@onthescale1)
Topic starter  

Thanks! Been trying to work on my nasality without loosing the light/bright soundcolor.. Yes its me playing guitar but not at the same time:) , they are different tracks, as you can hear theres also a "solo" guitar and backround vocals in the chorus (though maybe too quiet..)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Ditto what was said sounded good.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I thought that was really good! You have a great sense of pitch. Your rhythm is good. If that's you playing guitar at the same time, good job of keeping the singing and playing going. Your voice is expressive. If you were singing more of a classical style, I'd say it was a little nasal and you're closing your throat and you're too quick to go to the r at the end of a word. But for this style, it all works.

+1

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@musicpeeps)

Not that bad mate! Its way too cool. I love Oasis. The way you sing it is just that simple. And as my concern is as long as you are in tune, you're doing great man. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@davidchatman)

You have good music foundation.Your range is so good. You have bright future, keep singing.You have every right to make this as a profession. Make it large :D

ReplyQuote
(@grendle7)

You've got a nice tone.

It also sounds like your organic voice, which I appreciate.

And, your singing uberfits the music your singing.

So, I think you did well.

I will nag you and say, that you could put some dynamics, here and there. Like, singing really quietly here, then getting a bit louder there, then going back to singing softly, et cetera.

ReplyQuote