Clear all

Eyyyy! :D

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@craigy)
Topic starter  

Heyy, nice to meet you all. I'm Craig :P

I just finished uni for summer and was wanting to start a band. I did music in high school but I did no singing at all, so I'm kinda curious if I should even attempt it with me having no experience of ever singing. I don't mind my own voice but I think it sounds different than from what I thought it sounded like, which is weird but. whatever :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdWih9u4eE&feature=ll_lolz&playnext=1&list=LLg_1GhMkht_E

here's the link^

Feedback would be amazing, mostly constructive prz! :>

Craig~

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

It's good, your voice has quality, just tap into and use it with a little more force, and regulate your breathing. When you have the air in you, you can work it with the diaphragm, and put more emphasis and sustain into the words, especially the vowels. Vowels improved in their 'shape' as you went on. So, you're getting it. :D Now, occasionally, there is an issue with pitch, or you're not singing in tune. It's not bad, and easy to correct if you are aware, hear yourself, and practice. Good luck, it's there to work with. I guess that that's constrctive? You've got adequate materials and quality, just 'construct' them with goals, in a structured order, to complete the form. That's my way of saying, that the foundations are all good, you have what it takes and it will be worth it to add refinement or make it a work of art.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

+1 on everything Blue Jay said. I would add two things. First, the song you chose has a narrow range. Maybe it's just a song you like and maybe your range isn't great. There's plenty to think about from Jay's post before you work on expanding your range. Second, good job on the singing and strumming. Lots of beginning singers have trouble doing those things together.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@craigy)
Topic starter  

Thanks sooo much for your feedback! Friendliest feedback ever:>

and yeah I picked that song because I liked it, probably not the best choice for my voice but I don't even know what kind of singer I am(alto,baritone or whatever :D).

Blue Jay, i hear everything you're saying. I kinda cringed at some bits in it, but that's the stage I'm at, and is all im capable of atm. I also learned I should warm up before singing -.- lol. I'm new to this..

Hobson, yeah I'm not sure about my range. Or which songs to chose that would suit my range, i'll try find some :)
and the strumming thing, I don't think I can sing without my guitar hahah XD

and Thanks again guys, I was expecting a lot worse. ^-^b

Craig

ReplyQuote