Clear all

How to sing

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@deanobeano)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have been trying to sing and play at the same time but when i do i just fall apart has anyone any tips on how to do this ? Thanx

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

you should have posted in the singing forum i guess.(Nick....... :?: )

Anyway yes it is a problem.You seem to be a beginner and god made everything tough for the beginners right.But again there is nothing to lose about.You can try practising with a metronome , that may help.Or just get a walkman and now play the guitar and sing with the sound ringing in your ear.It really works for me.Give it a try.its worth it :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You just have to work it with the same amount of patience as you did first learning a song.

Slow it way down, figure out the beats, put it together.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

I suggest you start with a very easy song, one you can already easily play. Preferably one you can play along with the recording.

If you start with a new song learn to sing it and play it simultaneously.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

I suggest you start with a very easy song, one you can already easily play. Preferably one you can play along with the recording.

If you start with a new song learn to sing it and play it simultaneously.

Any examples?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Two very easy ones to practise on....

Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival..... just a G chord all the way through the verses...

and

It's All Over Now - The Rolling Stones....just an A chord all the way through the verses....

you don't have to worry about changing chords through the verses, all you have to do is get your rhythm going then sing over it....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@j-rock)
Estimable Member

I though that I would never be able to play and sing at the same time. But after I had mastered the guitar part of a song to the point that it was second nature, I just played along with a recording and it all fell into place.

I can look back with a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent.

ReplyQuote