Notifications
Clear all

i need tips please =]

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mattyfatty27)
Topic starter  

ive been playing instruments for years now but ive just started trying to sing but im not very good.

This is me singing, saving jane-girl next door, any tips? =]

(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Hi Matty,

From my own experience . . . . . the first time I started to record myself singing . . . . . I just hated the way I sounded. I understand that is a fairly common reaction. Part of it is allowing your voice to relax and not use any gimmicks to disguise your voice. Just let it flow naturally. Just keep singing your songs over and over again and I think in time you'll not only be able to listen to yourself and enjoy it, but you'll see the improvement as well.

And, by the way, your voice isn't bad and I enjoyed the recording.

Good luck,

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@jersey-jack)
Estimable Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any link to the audio file. In any case, Neil is right: You will grow accustomed to the sound of your own voice. I'm not there yet myself, but I make a habity of recording myself regularly--I use a small Edirol digital recorder, about the size of a pack of cigarettes--and the constant listening back is very helpful.

Record yourself daily and keep listening--you'll notice both vocal improvement and a gradual reduction in the cringe-factor that typically accompanies hearing one's own voice.

Can someone let me know how to access the audio file--I'd like to be able to hear your voice.

Jersey Jack

ReplyQuote
(@nathan080)
Estimable Member

I'm with JJ here... I cant see any link or anything either :S. Maybe we are both missing something lol.

But main advice would be to record yourself regularly, make a note of what you like, and mainly what you want to change, then when you find something you want to change find out how to change it, the internet's pretty good for that. Of course a vocal teacher might help too. Depends what you want out of your voice.

Laters,
Nath

From Your Influence...
http://www.overplay.com/BandProfile.aspx?BandId=e78b497f-4f31-4182-8659-e8b6fa91d582

http://www.youtube.com/user/FromYourInfluence

ReplyQuote