Notifications
Clear all

I only sound good in falsetto-does that mean Im a bad singer

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sarahhhvee)
Topic starter  

I have a nice sounding voice in falsetto, it's similar to Hayley Williams, only her vibrato is, of course, better. (She has had tons of professional training though). However, I have always thought until a few years ago that singing is singing, no matter how it's done, but I have come to learn that singing only in falsetto is not good, or particularly, LOUD enough for live shows...or even for most people to consider you a good singer. I have no idea really how to sing "loud". Or with my diaphragm. When I try, I sound like CRAP. Does this mean that I cannot really sing well, or that I just need to somehow learn to switch my skills over from quiet to loud? How can I do this? (and please, don't just comment to be mean, answer with REAL advice)

P.s. I totally can't afford any vocal training atm so if you know any truly helpful, free online vids, please post links :)

(@sarahhhvee)
Topic starter  

Hey, sorry about the last two sentences or so, I just copy and pasted this from my Yahooanswers. Lol

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

No. It's unusual for a woman to be able to sing falsetto, so being able to do that gives you something interesting. (Judging from your user name and comparison to Hayley Williams, you are a woman.)

Most people don't like the way their own voice sounds. When you say that you only sound good in falsetto, that doesn't mean that your voice isn't pleasing to other people. If you actually can't stay on pitch or aren't using your diaphragm or can't sing loud, you need to learn how to breathe properly. Singing only in falsetto has to give you a limited range. There are loads of videos out there about singing. I can't recommend any because I learned from personal lessons.

Renee

ReplyQuote