Clear all

Is this mixed voice... and please critique my voice

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@metaaaal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I've been trying to mix my voice with some head in it. cause when i hit e4 with full chest i go loud, now i can hit the e4 but lighter.

when i sing a note for example c4 i can make it sound heavy, and i can make it sound lighter (not falsetto). is this than mix voice.

i recorded 2 scales first one scale in chest voice (i think) , and the second time same scale i think in mixed voice, and then one scale a bit higher and first chest voice and then mixed voice (i think)

i also recorded two song, dont know if its in mixed voice or chest voice.

you only hear my voice not the cords that i sung with ( the song is a little transposed (-1 whole tone, that the first song) i dont know how to record those cords as wel, the second song is original (not transposed) but when i sung it i had a hangover

link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=935376&content=music

then click on audio 1_13 (scales)
then click on song 822732 (for the first song (angels - robie williams),
then click on song 01_04 684745 (for the second song (fields of barley - sting) , i had a hangover the time i recorded it :D

and what sort of singing voice do you think i have: bass-bariton-tenor or something? im 17 (my range is more like g/a2 to f/g4, and whenn i am really warmed up i can het g#/a4 in scales without shouting

can you also please critique my voice , i know i have a very long way to go before i can sing good (i come from the netherlands, therefore my english isn't so great :D ) but im improving i got singing lessons a half a year now.

thank you

(@aznsingerguy)
Eminent Member

You sound ok, not anything close to good yet i'm afraid :( (neither am I).

The biggest flaws I hear are

A. Your limiting your vocals when you get loud or high. This is kind of like when you talk and you express something louder but don't actually get louder.

B. You need some expression in your voice, I don't know how to achieve this haha. I don't think your singing in mixed voice, but i'm no expert.

Don't quit though, I can imagine where your voice is heading toward and its going to sound kick a**.

ReplyQuote