Clear all

just started singing

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@metaaaal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hello, i just started singing and have singing lessons for three months (i had no experience), im 16 jears old (from the netherlands) and practice almost every day.

i just recorded myself singing a song from dream theater, the silent man, it takes three and a halve minute

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=935376

i know it is not so good, but can you please tell me what you think of it and what can be improved.

thank you. :D

(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I'm not familiar with this song so I can't comment on it. But there's nothing wrong with your voice that practice can't improve. Choosing to sing the song acappella is probably a mistake. That's difficult even for a well trained voice. Just keep singing every chance you get. I sing at home, at work, in the car, in my band, in the church choir, I think you get the idea. Think about joining a choir or community chorus. There is nothing like being around people that know how to sing for improving you own talent.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@ishikasaxena)
Eminent Member

Hey metaaaal.....sorry but i am not able to listen to your song...some error came when i was trying to listen to your song... can you upload or post this song again.. plz

Cheers,

Ishika Saxena

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

I clicked on the link and it goes to you doing a voice exercise and it's a very short exercise. There's nothing else on your Soundclick page. Based on that short example of your singing, you have good tone and stay on pitch, but it's hard to tell with this example.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@metaaaal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i removed the song cause it was a little old, i'll try to record something soon.

but the scales what i did ( i used them for another topic "Some voice questions", to ask if im going into head voice in the second scale, (still got no reply) the first scale i think is chest voice, and second scale i think is going from chest voice to head voice, i reuploaded the scales, now i do it on different tones)

i'll try recording a song soon.

thx for responding

ReplyQuote
(@metaaaal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ive uploaded a part of the song u2 hold me thrill me, but than a little transposed ( in the recording i sometimes came to close to the microfone so therefor it sounds a bit weird sometimes)

i sang with keyboard chords, but you don't hear them in the recording cause i dont know how to put them in :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=935376
and then audio 01_11

i know im very very far away from being good.

can you tell me what you think of it, and what can be improved.
And what do you think what i am (bass-bariton-tenor, i just turned 17)

ReplyQuote
(@ishikasaxena)
Eminent Member

Hey when I clicked on this link, it showed me some error... please check and let me know if i can listen to your audio in some other site...

Cheers,

Ishika Saxena

ReplyQuote
(@metaaaal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

That's strange with me it works when i click i get the two files,
1 is scales
2 is audio_11

ReplyQuote