Notifications
Clear all

You CAN sing if you......

16 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

And anyway, the first step towards improving your voice is confidence. Don't be negative, you can become a better singer if you want to and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Pete. :)

Confidence is the operative word! And sometimes it just takes a leap of faith. My group plays bluegrass gospel at a retirement home once a month. I've got a pretty good voice for this type of music, but it also took some training. A few months ago one of the residents requested that we do How Great Thou Art. We told her that we'd learn it for the next months performance. Well I spent hours trying to learn this song, I just couldn't do anything with the chorus. I put a capo on and moved it from one end of the fret board to the other, nothin'. Everytime I came to the chorus my voice just went nuts. I decided that I was just going to belt the chorus out. So I gave it a try and my wife came running out into the Sunroom and said "what was that". "That bad huh" I replied, "no" she said "it sounded great I didn't know that you could sing opera". I don't think I'm ready for the Metropolitan quite yet, but with a little confidence and a leap of faith I was able to do something I began to think wasn't possible for me. Also as I've stated before joining the choir was be best thing I've done to improve my voice.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2