Clear all

Acoustic Slideyski KGB Style

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I found this lovely gem at a local Music-Go-Round. for a 2 figure price It is a 7 string very clunky acoustic. It was built in "Soviet Ukraine certified by the Ministry of Music". The frets are lifting and there is a crack in the top, but it sounds a lot like an old Leadbelly record. For slide it has a cool growl and an unusual folk instrument vibe to it.

I thought you all might find it interesting.

PS Sorry I've been away so long, good to be back!

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Certainly is unusual! Can't tell from the photo, the bottom four strings look to be wound, what are the top three? Nylon? Steel? How's it tuned? More to the point, how's it going to be tuned?

Congrats on your new acquisition - looks like it'll keep you busy for a while. Oh, and welcome back!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Certified by The Ministry of Music! Awesome!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Certainly is unusual! Can't tell from the photo, the bottom four strings look to be wound, what are the top three? Nylon? Steel? How's it tuned? More to the point, how's it going to be tuned?

Congrats on your new acquisition - looks like it'll keep you busy for a while. Oh, and welcome back!

:D :D :D

Vic
I'll tune it open D with a high G. The original tuning was what can happen to a guitar when you let just anyone tune it. I think it was the key of R. they are all steel strings, a dobro set. the seventh string is an .011.

ReplyQuote