Clear all

An Anniversary.....

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Friday, June 11th 2004.....first time I ever posted a song written for the SSG. Is it really three years ago? I've written another 81 since then - some good, some indifferent, some....well, the less said the better. Roughly a quarter of those got recorded - and I'd still like to do some of the others as well!

I think I've definitely improved as a writer since then - part of it's down to Bob, who sets the topics - part of it's down to reading other people's work - and a great deal of it is down to the helpful, constructive criticism I've found in here. So thanks to Bob, and thanks to all of you who've replied to my songs. Here's to the next three years!

Right - back to this week's effort!

Oh yeah - here's a link to the very first song! Interesting to look back at it now - for me, anyway!

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=7733

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Very cool, Vic! 82 songs in 3 years isn't bad at all! You're becoming quite the prolific songwriter, aren't you? :D Kudos!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Congrats Vic, great achievement. BTW I liked your first song :D

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Wow mate I'll echo EB s words Kudos mate ...

I like your very first that you posted it is a little sad to see that you and Bob are still the only regular SSG writters now .I know Alan pops in from time to time but no where near as much as you do ol boy.

You have me thinking now when did I write my first song , I know my first recording { Decieved By An Angel } it was called and I still play it and sing it . I would really like to improve it but also want to write more songs and learn more the guitar ...Lifes a bitch hey :lol:

Well the question has to asked now , where is your next song Vic ?

Get the telephone book and write a song about the first name you see ..
The last name in the book can be where they live , open the book randomly and thats another character in the story ..Oh and you can spice it all up with images of a place you have never been to say "Australia" :lol:

Kudos mate

Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Very cool, Vic! 82 songs in 3 years isn't bad at all! You're becoming quite the prolific songwriter, aren't you? :D Kudos!

I've written other songs as well - "Screw The Neighbours" and "Nothing I can Do" and "Rock'n'Roll Footloose Travelling Man" for instance. Just seems that these days, once I've done the SSG song for the week, I can't be bothered further taxing my brain cell!

Got a few ideas for this week's assignment, but nothing concrete yet....haven't written anything for about a month. Not likely to get anything written later today, I'm expecting a hangover which will have to be cured with several large hair-of-the-dogs......but that's another story altogether!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

mmmmm

Screw the Neighbours ??? still missing :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

mmmmm

Screw the Neighbours ??? still missing :lol:

aaaargh.....I forgot! Sorry!

Vic

EDIT - it's back. Just had a listen. Definitely one to re-record.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Congrats Vic. Very inspiring to hear about your success as an SSG writer.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Congratulations Vic,

I'm not that far behind you August,20,2004 was my first post.

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9059&highlight=

Wow, Three Years Time Sure Does Fly

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

sorry i'm being this late, vic..
i'm glad you're still around. so congrats!

.. yes... 2004... february 17th... that was my first one;-)
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6179&highlight=
gee... it's awkward to read that again. not so much the piece, but the comments i made... ;-)

i'm sorry i don't comment on your stuff more often. i'm a lazy bastard.
keep the pen in your hands
cheers,
straycat.

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote