draft wk 46 (chorus only )

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi all
after my first attempt I decided to take more time with my writting and really think long and hard about the lyrics so this is what I have come up with so far I know it's not a a entire song but I am finding it very difficult to write .

I know I am in love when
you put your hands on my shoulders
I put my hands upon your waist
I feel your soft tender lips
Kissing my scruffy , stubble face

oh wells it's not much but just wanted to post it anyway thinnking about using lines like

It might be raining out side
but when I look into your eyes
there are clear blue skies
Do I see
Do I see

formulating it all into a song is where I am finding alot of problems but I am still working on it . This writting caper is very hard and I am willing to admit it's tougher then I first thought

be nice :!:
hilch

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Hilch,

Or should I say,

Greetings Full Member Hilch! I see you just passed the magic 100 post mark and got a promotion. Make sure you get a snappy salute from the lower ranks from now on... 8)

Good on you for sticking with the "writing caper". It certainly is tougher than it first looks. Getting something down that flows well, comes across to the reader/listener and yet is fresh and original is far harder than it seems. In fact it's sometimes said that the easier the writing looks the more work the writer probably put in to develop the skill.

I think you're on the right track there though. When I read what you'd written, I sort of instinctively stepped back from your stubbly chin!! So something must have been working!! :D

I think my stubbly chin might be missing the tender lips treatment today - I told my wife (an Eagles supporter) several weeks ago that Sydney Swans would win the Grand Final! So I wasn't sure whether to look smug or nervous yesterday when they beat the Eagles. :twisted:

:shock: Looks like some of my words have come back to haunt me, in your sig. I hope I wasn't being rude about something you wrote at the time.

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Chris

No you weren't being rude to me , it was said in a post a while ago and I just thought how honest is this bloke ?

I have been married to my wife for 22 years this year ( we married very young ) I could relate to what you said very well so I decided to steal it and use ( hope you don't mind ?)

Yeah full member whats with that ? never even noticed it until you mentioned it ( thanks )

I live in Queensland and the Cowboys just beat the Parramatta Eels so lets party on the Cowboys now play the Tigers in the Grandfinal next Sunday

I backed the Eagles onSaturday hoping they would win :oops: :oops: :oops:

thanks again :wink:

Hilch

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hilch

Perfect post and that is exactly how it starts, atleast for me. What you have here is what goes through my head the first couple days and I just kind of sing that over and over. Soon, other ideas will start to flow in (just make sure you have either paper or recording device when it does).

Keep at it and just get something down each week. Battle through the tough times when you dont feel to creative and I guarantee your money back, LOL, that you'll be a fantastic songwriter soon enough.

The reason I am so confident are in your lines. They are so beautify and vivid.

Keep it up.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hilch,

Nice start!

As Geoo said sometimes it's a phrase or a line or chorus but once
you get something in your head it just festers until it becomes a song.

The more you write the easier and better your song become.

That's what's great about this forum you get to practice at
songwriting and share with other writers.

And just for the record my lovely wife and myself mark 30 years
of wedded bliss this December.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Geoo and The Celt :lol:

money back sounds good :lol: :lol:

This chorus has been in my old grey matter ( brain ) for a couple of weeks but that is about it .The other lines I posted just don't seem to fit the song I have in mind ( Take that ribbon from your hair lay it loose and let it fall ) hope everyone knows that old one , but that's what Iam aiming for a slow seductive love love song . Not being a real romantic myself this is where I come undone . ( just ask my missus I am totally hopeless with that lovey dovey talk ) actions speak louder then words is my motto :lol:

But I would really love to write a song like I previously mentioned oh..well maybe one day it will come to me , and I'll have all the girls swooning over it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( talk about a dreamer :wink: )

but thanks again people
Hilch

ReplyQuote