So quit your complaining

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

OK this is one I Finished Monday ...

It's short which means I had to be repeative with it ...

Style of music ..I have James Reyne and James Blundell's song
" Way out West "in mind

I'm not sure what you're looking for
And maybe its' not my love
No need to travel this vast world
Or even pray to Jesus above
Maybe its' in your backyard

So quit your complaining
I'm so sick of you saying
You're a victim and suspect
The Witness and justice

I'm not sure what you're looking for
And maybe its' not my love
No need to travel this vast world
Or even pray to Jesus above
Maybe its' in your backyard

Your looking for something that
Might not exist
Hope you find what you're looking for
If not you know where I live
Baby I'm in your backyard

You know I'm in your back yard

So quit your complaining
The Witness and justice

=======================

Feed back always welcomed

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Trev,

correct me if Im wrong, but I detect a change in style here, perhaps using some music as a starting point ?, Cos mate this song flows really well, and has a tightness to it that I like.
Im not quite with you on this line though
So quit your complaining
The Witness and justice

this is good Trev

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey Paul

Yes your right , Trudy bought me some CD's of guitar music songs I know but just a guy playing a guitar no singing , Drums ect are also on the CDs' now I am just trying to write words for the music , and might I say its' alot harder then I ever thought ..

The line you mention ...well actually these 2 lines were stolen from a movie which I can't remember which movie but I remember a woman screaming at her husband ,

"I'm every thing around here a victim and a suspect , a witness and I give justice where and when I want ..ect ect blah blah
For some reason that stuck with me , at the time I didn't understand the line and still don't but I think it sounds pretty darn kool ..

So I modified it to fit the song ...

And I am pretty excited right now I have had 2 lessons in 2 days with the guitar and can almost play Dream Lover all the way through there is one little change that is troubling me but Christmas Day I have made a promise to myself to be able to play and sing it . With no Dutch Courage

Thanks for the feed back mate

Trevor

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Pete

Thats my problem mate I can't play it and I am not going to record my voice over the music from CD and pass it off as me { sorry } ...

I can almost play one song now this time next year there will be a real recording of me playing and singing as my growth as a guitarist grows .
I just don't feel I am ready to embarress myself anymore with my pathetic playing and singing ...

Maybe I could always write lyrics for the tune of Dream Lover , I really though want to learn to finger pick , that sound is awesome ..

Sorry dribbling on ..

Backyard statement really just means I am here ..

So all I am saying is stop your looking for the perfect human being there is a guy for you and maybe he a lot closer than you think ..
Then in the last verse I am telling this person bascially " OI Stupid I have always been here waiting for you look over here , just like Sally in Smokies " Liveing next Door to Alice "

Sally called
Have you got the word
About Alice
then she says
Alice is gone but I'm still here
You know I've been waiting 24 years

thaks for you feed back

Trevor

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"Then in the last verse I am telling this person bascially " OI Stupid I have always been here waiting for you look over here , just like Sally in Smokies " Liveing next Door to Alice ".......

Yep sometimes you just have to look around....I wanted to see what everyone else said before I posted comments, I think you've got a decent song here......

But (there's always a but isn't there)......I think you need to have that Fender in your hand as you write, and strum a few chords....you really need to have some idea of the music you're going to play to the song....

Quote...... Style of music ..I have James Reyne and James Blundell's song
" Way out West "in mind ....hmm, doesn't help me, never heard of those guys......

All I can say Trev, and I think you've got a good handle (Handel? LOL!) on this already....is write what comes from the heart, follow your gut instinct.....if it sounds good to you, someone'll probably like it.....

Try and record your songs, if you don't feel like posting them, ask Trudi what she thinks....hey, if the Mrs likes them, you're MORE than half-way there....

I've said it before mate, you've got "potential"....you just need to unlock it, and focus on the writing.....

You need to PLAY your songs - don't be afraid of the guitar, it's your friend, NOT your enemy.....and you write some pretty good songs, you should want them to be heard.....so get that Fender out and let's hear a first draft.....after all, if you're not that keen on it, it'll give you a reference point as to future progress.....

Good luck mate,

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Vic

Thanks for reply it is appreciated and I do thank you and others for encouraging me to record but I think you said it best when you said

"You should want them to be heard....."

I do want them to heard mate just not murdered because that is what will happen if I record them ..

I need to learn how to get chords , strumming to fit the tune I have in my head . I sit with a tune in my head pick up the guitar and spend hours trying to get the tune in my head coming out of guitar to no avail.

I am seriously thinking this is something I can't do , my guitar teacher is on my back to learn this and that ...All I want to do is play sing my songs that I can't do and doesn't look as if I will be able to do it any time soon .
I think I am setting my bar a bit high and maybe poetry might be something I should look into ...Just like someone else in my family

http://www.poetry.com/Publications/search.asp

It is very discouraging not being able to get the tune from head to guitar

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

It is very discouraging not being able to get the tune from head to guitar

Well Trev all I can say this, maybe not starting with the tune in your head but with the tune on your guitar is a better approach.

1) Have a beer or glass or wine
2) sit down with the guitar and play some chords in the same key (for example C,Dm,Em,F,G,Am)
3) just sing anything that comes into your head. (Yesterday from the Beatles started out as scrambled eggs)
4) Have another beer or wine and imagine yourself singing this to a very appreciative audience. Imagine that this is a real song and that you are a great guitarist and that everybody loves it, you cant do anything wrong. You can try anything and no one minds.

Mate I do this all the time and it works for me. You also need to record what your doing, Ive got folder on my PC called "My Jams". Yell out the chords for the tape. Its really important record your own jams because whats going to happen is that you will do some thing in there that you'll say *&^% did I play that and you'll want to remember how you did it.
Once youve got your piece of music thats when you start writing some lyrics around it, your piece of music is going to dictate the style of youre song, how it flows and its meter, but youve already figured that out judging by this submission.

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I see this discussion has taken place in a aptly titled song

"So quit your complaining "

I might regret saying that ... Had a few ales today and will go and recoed myself right now ..

ReplyQuote