Clear all

SSG 27 Sometimes - with MP3

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@chefie)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I was inspired this week by an episode of Law and Order that ended with a line delivered by Fred Thompson; Sometimes the good you do doesn't do you any good. And they say TV is a wasteland . . . .

http://www.soundclick.com/neilstuart

SOMETIMES

Sometimes the good you do doesn't do you any good at least not like it should
and sometimes when you've done something wrong someone comes along and says thank you
and you don't understand it cause it doesn't make any sense and then you say you're welcome

then you turn around and you shake your head you contemplate what you just said and you go on your way
and you hope another day will help you forget

And Sometimes when you're trying your best your best doesn't meet the test and you're left far behind
and sometimes you don't bother to try you win hands down and it's so hard to believe you start to cry
and you don't understand it cause it doesn't make any sense and then you say you're grateful

then you turn around and you shake your head you contemplate what you just said and you go on your way

Sometimes the love you share Is with someone who doesn't care They just don't feel the same
And someone you barely know tells you they love you so and they can't bare the pain
and you don't understand it cause it doesn't make any sense and so you ask yourself why

There are so many things you want to understand and only so many things you can and there's so little time
and then you wake up and find one day that everything was wrong you managed to learn along the way
and you don't understand it cause it doesn't make any sense and so you say I'm sorry

and you know another day won't help you forget, and you know another day won't help you forget

(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Bravo Bravo

What can I say .....

That was brilliant

"And Sometimes when you're trying you're best your best doesn't meet the test and you're left far behind "

Not on this occassion mate your way in front ( of me )

That is up there with my other 3 favourites from people here ..I love the melody ....

Should get my children listening to this , there is a good message in here when you listen to it ....

Lovely writting mate
Hilch :?:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@chefie)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks hilch,

I really appreciate the comments.

ReplyQuote
(@chefie)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Peter, and, yes, that's my bird who does background for me but he's itching to go solo.

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

Nicely done mate. Loved the backing vocals from your bird too. :D

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@catsworth)
Estimable Member

Does your bird have a set part to play in your recordings.....or does he just wing it? ;)

Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

ReplyQuote
(@manontheside)
Estimable Member

Hi chefie,

Thanks for that! I enjoyed reading through the lyrics, and even more hearing you perform it. It flows really well, the melody is great.

I wish there was something I could nitpick on to make a.. uhm... fuller criticism, but I can't find anything. Just a great effort in my book (and many others, seeing what comments you've received)

Keep it up!

:)
-man

"I wish there was an over the counter test for my loneliness"

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Hi Chefie

Inspirational use of the budgerigar :wink:

Great piece and the MP3 pulls it all together really well

Good guitar work in there.