Clear all

SSG 6 / SCW 1 - Who and Why?

34 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Hi, I am Rahul.

I have never participated in SSG, though have submitted one or two songs in Songwriters Club.

I do hope to write some songs based on the theme given here every week. It may develop my songwriting capability for good !

Seeya there, folks.

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Hi!

I'm Mike, and although I have been a member of the GN community almost as long as I have been playing guitar (nearly four years now), I am brand new to the songwriting boards.

For most of my playing time I was not the least bit intersted in writing songs; perhaps I was too focused at the time on learning my instrument. Then about a year ago I was at a folk festival with a lot of other musicians, a lot of them write their own songs, I got inspired one morning and wrote my first song in about a half-hour. Then nothing until recently, when I began attending a local open mike. The organizer bills it as "Singer/Songwriter Night" and although he doesn't mind people getting up there and doing covers, he really encourages people to do thier own material. In fact, he has issued a challenge to all of thr performers to come in with a new original every week, and he is leading by example. Well, that got my creative juices flowing, and I have in the past month written three complete songs and parts of a few others.

Then I remembered these boards on songwriting tht I would always ignore as I browsed the forums, and , then I saw this thing called the Sunday Songwriter's group. I never had the earthliest idea what that was and never really cared until now. And so now I start poking around here and, wouldn't you know it, it's all about writing a new song each week! Hopefully this board will help me live up to the challenge.

And wait til I tell Justin (the guy who runs said open mike) about this!

Regards

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
 edub
(@edub)
Eminent Member

Hello,

Posted one song 4 years ago and that is the only song I have ever written. I've been trying to figure out for 5 years what I wanted to accomplish with a guitar and finally figured out that I just want to write songs and play along even if i'm the only one that ever hears them. I have no musical or songwriting education and would love any and all critiques and criticisms, the first songs i post will probably just be rough lyrics as i have not idea how to put them with music but time to jump in. So hello and thanks in advance for any future help.

ReplyQuote
(@electric-loveland)

Heya, I'm Dom - I've been playing for about 3 years now - recently swapped the first guitar that my mums vicar gave me for a tye-dye pattern strat and thought i should treat this guitar more seriously, i figured i should learn theory and musical notation so i could learn to play it properly - david has taught me more in the last month than I ever thought I would understand and my walls are full of Guitar Noise print-outs.

Thanks, peace and love to everyone here, cant wait to get to know you all x

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3