Clear all

SSG Week 27

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@purple)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Finally - Every week I mean to write a song for the topic but I just never get around to it! I even start writing down ideas and never finish. I use to post songs in here many many months ago. Anyway, this isn't really finished and I wrote it in about 15 minutes but I have to post it now or else I won't start working on it again. It is a pretty rough draft and is rather short. It also has no name.

Angels and demons
Are who we're voting for
They manipulate the minds
Of the poorest of the poor

A flag on their lapel
A cross on their chest
But greed in their soul
Fuels their quest

Hearts and minds
Are won by their persuasion
Gaining misguided support
For their next invasion

A flag on their lapel
A cross on their chest
But greed in their soul
Fuels their quest

Conquering each land
Nation after nation
Completing their goal
Of world domination

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hi Purple,
I can certainly understand the sentiments of this song. How about "Running Mates" as a title. Guess the only thing that strikes me about this is that the Angels are lumped in with the Demons in terms of the nasty things our politicians do. Mind you its pretty hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys in politics. I like it. :D

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I love the "flag on the lapel, cross on the chest" lines. I was really offended by the way the religious right took over the elections last year. (sorry to offend anyone-- no I'm not!)

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member

Yeah I liked it too. Not too wordy yet it says a lot. Nice going.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Mind you its pretty hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys in politics.
That is kind of what the angels and demons line is suppose to imply. I was going to add in a line about how we don't know who we voted for until it's too late but I couldn't figure out how to do it concisely and figured the line might imply enough. I usually can get too wordy so this one is going to stay short. The flag on lapel.... I figured other Americans could relate to this because it seems you can't get elected these days with out a flag pin and a cross.

Thanks for the feedback.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote